Part 2 Chapter 8 (is it over?)

At very first thing i wanna say that im soooo sorry for being sooo inactive but ya know i was traveling a lot and i didn't have time to write, but know i'll try to post more regularly. Also i'll try to write new chapters to my second book "flower of suffering" 

Second thing! go check out my instagram fan page about awae (link im my bio) i posted there trailer of season three and im posting there a lot of intresting thing about awae (im postin 1-2 a day) 

ok. thats it i luv ya!

--------------------------

Anne's pov.

We waited a long time, but nobody knocked on the door. We started worrying that something had happened to them. It was getting worse and worse, a few hours ago Diana gave me the last dose of morphine we had left. The drug slowly stops working, i feel it with every movement and breath. My soul mate is no better, she's all pale and cold, only her forehead is all lit up. I covered her with all the blankets I found in the house. I found a thermometer in the medicine cabinet. She's got a fever, but she's still shaking from the cold. We both know very well that we need to get help as quickly as possible, yet we are still comforting ourselves, singing to each other and pretending that everything is in the best possible order. As soon as I heard that Diana's breath was slowly levelling out and she started to snore gently, I realized that my sister was asleep. I also closed my eyes, slipped onto my bed and started crying, at first my eyes just started to tear. Then I almost started screaming, silently, just opening my mouth. I felt that all my face, neck, old dirty and stinking shirt was wet from tears. Suddenly I felt like someone was embracing me. Through the foggy eyes of crying, I saw Diana. My dear Diana, who barked as hard as I did, and maybe even harder than I did.

Wrapped in 30 blankets, she looked like a pancake. My darling pancake! I couldn't help myself and, despite my emotions, I burst out laughing, which Marilla would certainly find inappropriate for a young lady. Diana, my pancake, started laughing too, but that didn't stop her from crying. So we sat on the bed , crying and laughing in turns, in a shelter, in a small hut, in the middle of a forest, somewhere at the very end of the world.

Marilla's pov.

The relief that came with the kids at the door disappeared as soon as it appeared and gave way to another emotion, much less pleasant ;stress. Where's Anne? And why isn't Diana here? What happened in the mountains? Why do Cole and Jane have jagged clothes? What's Billy doing here? I didn't feel like waiting for an explanation of how soon I pushed them inside. I almost tore off their coats, which. . . were definitely not theirs. But I didn't think about it for long and quickly told them to sit in the living room, Tillie was already rushing with hot cups full of hot chocolate.

- Where's Anne! - I screamed not even letting them drink a sip of drink.

-And where's Diana?!- I heard a desperate whisper from Mrs. Barry, who just had to wake up. For a moment there was silence, the children looked at each other, probably wondering which one of them should tell the story.

-Girls are in a safe place...- Gilbert, who always seemed like a reasonable boy to me, spoke up,- but. . .

- Boy, please tell me if they're okay. . . - Mr. Barry whispered.

I, I thought hard, if nothing had happened to them, they would have come here with them.

- Everything's fine with Diana - Max started - but Anne. . . - I heard a sigh of relief from the girl's parents. My heart started beating like crazy, Matthew grabbed my hand. His hand was wet and trembling. His face was as pale as a wall.

-What about Anne?- He whispered so quietly that no one would normally hear him, but there was so much silence in the living room that the whisper sounded like a scream in my ears. A cry of despair, full of powerlessness. I tightened harder my brother's hand.