Part 2 Chapter 2 (who are you my love?)

Sooo at first I wanna say how sorry im, i know that i told you that i'll be more active in summer, and i weren't posting anything in almost a month... hope u'll forgive me and enjoy new part!

Also im writing this before the chapter bc i know that nobody will read it if it was after chapter... Love you! ~Alexis (ps. dont forgot to check out my gilbert blythe fanpage on ig! link in my bio!)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Gilbert held my hand all the time and I was very grateful to him for that. He kept me when women, which is probably my mother's cuddled up to me. When she invited us inside. He held me when we sat on the couch, and she sat across from us. For a long time we sat in complete silence, which was extremely embarrassing. My beloved luckily interrupted it:

-You must be Berta Shirley-- he talked to my mom.

-Yes, my name is Berta. . . - for a while there was silence again, but this time Mrs. Shirley quickly broke it - Anne, Anne I was looking for you. . . After the whole country, when I found out that you were in an orphanage in Nowa Scotia, I went there without thinking. . . But you weren't there anymore. . . - She cried again and I cried together with her. Gilbert put his arm around my shoulder and stroke my hair.

-But why. . . Why. . . why did you. . . abandon me? - I shed my tears.

-Anne, I was stupid and young. . .

-So you don't know my father?- I cried for good.

-He promised that he would love me, that he would love my child as his own. . . But. . . But he betray. . . But he betrayed me. . . - she looked away from me - he betrayed me all the time. . . and when that woman. . . when she got pregnant. . . he said that he preferred his child. . .

I couldn't stand to see her like this, I didn't hold it against her for abandoning me. I don't know how I'd behave if I were her. I got up and sat next to my mom. Gil did the same thing. I hugged her tight.

-I loved him so much. . . - she continued - this love blinded me. . . I didn't think rationally. After you were born, I gave you over to the nuns. I'm sorry. . . Annie, I'm so sorry. . . -she was in such tears.- . . Annie, will you ever forgive me. . . Is there still a chance I could fix what I broke?

-But, Mom. . . - She sobbed even harder when she heard how i called her - But, Mom, I've already forgiven you!

She looked at me and smiled slowly and then hugged me tightly, stroking my head and whispering in my ear how sorry she was. When we finally disconnected from each other, we started laughing and wiping each other's eyes from tears.

When we were done, I changed places and cuddled up to Gilbert, who was looking at us all the time and smiling shyly. He embraced me tenderly and whispered into my ear that he was terribly happy that we finally found her.

At one point, I noticed that my mom was staring at Gil like an enchanted one. At least it looked weird.

- Mom! - I distracted her from Gilbert - Mom, this is Gilbert Blythe, my boyfriend. He came up with the idea of finding you, and he did it himself!

-Blythe?! - She almost screamed - I know where I know you from. . . It's because of you! You're the reason he left me!

-Mommy!- I didn't know what was going on. -Mommy, what's going on? Why are you yelling at Gilbert? What's the matter?!

-Don't you guess?! - In her eyes , with a horror, I saw a note of madness - If it weren't for him, you wouldn't be in the orphanage, I wouldn't give you away! And you would have a normal family. His father. . . You look identical. . . His father left me and went back to his mother to raise him and not you! It's all his fault!

I froze.

-My...- Gilbert started with a voice that was apparently breaking, I hugged him hard to give him courage- My father is dead . . I didn't know that he. . . - he got some air - I'm sorry. . . - he whispered.

-You ruined my life ! -She screamed.

-Mom! How can you say that?! It's not his fault! It's not his fault that his father left you! -I replied.

Berta slowly calmed down, but she didn't say anything.

- We're gonna go. . . - I said after a while.

-No. . . she whispered.

- I will come again. . . Surely. . . - I got up and went with Gilbert to the door, I almost closed it, but I quickly added - I will come. . . But without Gilbert. . . .

All the way home, my beloved didn't say anything, and I didn't want to make his condition worse, so I didn't say anything. I was just holding his hand all the time. I was holding him when we got on the train. When we got into the cab. I kept it as we approached my house. That's where we stayed, but I didn't let go of his hand.

-Gil. . . - i Whispered - Look at me!. . . please! - He did what I said but I saw so much sadness in his eyes that I couldn't stand it and I cried.

-Anne, I didn't know. . . It's my fault. . . If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have had to go through this hellhole in an orphanage. . . You'd have a normal home, a loving family. . . It's my fault. . .

-Don't you ever say that again! It's not your fault! Your father didn't love my mother. . . He used her, but in no way is it your fault! And if it weren't for this hell in the orphanage. . . If I had a normal family, I would never have met Marilla and Matthew, and. . . especially you! I love you, Gilbert, more than the dream of a normal family, a happy childhood, more than my mother. . . please. . . remember this!

-Anne. . . I love you too. I love you more than heaven and earth. My love for you is greater than all the stars in the sky. I love you and nothing's gonna change that!

One little tear of emotion flew down my cheek.

Gilbert leaned over me and wiped the tear with his thumb, then joined our lips in a shy kiss.

Gilbert is the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm sure about it.