#8 - Day Eight and a Sudden Change

[Y/n] awoke slowly, sleep saying farewell like an old friend that really didn't want to leave. When she finally awoke, it took her a moment to realise what was going on. She felt so comfortable - her body was engulfed by a warm mattress and covered in a thick feather duvet.  At 2am Nyais must've been giving her a new bed.  Immediately she sprawled her arms and legs out as though she was swimming in a sea of calmness. 

A small giggle left the [h/c] haired girl as she embraced her new bed, though she understood she'd have to get up eventually.  When she did so, however, she was met with yet another surprise.  It wasn't just the bed that had changed - the entire room was different.  For starters, it was larger.  A lot larger.  The second thing she noticed was the furniture and the walls. 

The walls were painted in a rich cream colour, the ambient lighting from several warm lamps placed around the room giving it a princess-like feel.  One of the walls bore a pair of oak doors that looked to [Y/n] like a walk-in wardrobe, as well as a door a little further on that was open enough for [Y/n] to recognise the tiles of an en-suite bathroom.  There was also a dressing table with three mirrors, one large mirror in the corner of the room (around the same height as [Y/n]) and a pair of dressing tables beside the grand four-poster bed.  Finally [Y/n]'s eyes rested on a small desk in the opposite corner to the large mirror and a soft, plushy chair in another corner, looking over the room.

[Y/n] stood up and curiously walked around it, her hand occasionally brushing against different additions to the room.  Finally she walked over to the door, pushing it open and stepping outside her room.  She was greeted by a corridor.  A door sat opposite hers so she took a few steps forwards to open it and peer inside.  It was a kitchen - much bigger than the last, though almost identical in appliances and theme.  Something she noticed absent, however, was the metal box in which she retrieved the boy's food every morning.  Her brow furrowed but she didn't question it.

She stepped out of the kitchen, continuing down the corridor.  Another corridor branched off the main one, so [Y/n] followed it down.  A singular door to [Y/n]'s left revealed an office-like room.  A large desk sat in the middle with filing cabinets dotted around the room.  What the point of the room was, [Y/n] had no idea.  She hoped Nyais would explain eventually. 

She backtracked and returned to the main corridor.  Two doors sat opposite one another once more, alike to her room and the kitchen.  One of these rooms, however, [Y/n] decided to leave alone.  On the left door, a small metal plaque read 'Aytsa', informing [Y/n] that this was the purpose of the new place - separate rooms for the boys.  The other door, however, had no such plaque.  She pushed the door open and unveiled a large, luxurious living room.  Alike to the kitchen, it's design was the same as the previous, however it was much larger and more grand than last time.

She continued down the corridor.  The left door came a little before the right door this time as opposed to the two previous instances.  On the door, another metal plaque read 'Laion'.  The other door, when pushed open, revealed itself to be a bathroom.

Shutting the bathroom door, [Y/n] continued until the corridor ended and split off two ways in a t-shape.  Four doors sat along this corridor, telling [Y/n] that this was where the other boys resided.  [Y/n] smiled, turning around, before freezing suddenly.  When she realised who the source of her momentary terror was, however, her shoulders sagged and she relaxed.

"Jeez, [Y/n], I'm not that scary, am I?" Nyais chuckled, patting her on the shoulder.  [Y/n] let out a long sigh.

"Not when I know where you are," she laughed, "but you can't just sneak up on me like that!" she scolded, though her tone was only playful.  Nyais chuckled in response.