-Chapter 3: A tour-

The girl waited in the assigned waiting room. The clock softly ticked every second away as the girl wobbled her leg up and down. She was good at working on cases alone when no one was around. This was something entirely different. She was supposed to befriend all of the members of the Avengers so she wouldn't need to worry about them suspecting her. On top of that, she had to hack into every system SHIELD has ever made to make them fail when they need them most. 

A woman in a black leather suit came rushing in and scanned the room. When she saw the girl, she smiled and walked up to her. The girl quickly stood up, clamming her little bag of belongings in her hands. "Y/N Smith?" She asked the girl. Y/N nodded. "That's me," Y/N smiled. The woman reached out her hand. "Maria Hill. I'm your co-worker for the mission," Maria explained as they shook hands. "I'll give you a tour around the building so you can get used to your new environment," Maria suggested. Y/N nodded with a shy smile and followed Maria outside the waiting room.

"I know you will be spending most of your time on an airship," Maria began as they walked side by side. "But you're going to spend a lot of time with the Avengers. I've heard you're good with technology and weapon making. That also includes costume design for the Avengers, correct?" Maria asked as they walked through the offices. "Yep. I'm pretty good at my job," Y/N reassured with a grin. "Good, because we're going to need someone like you aboard on our next mission," Maria told her.

After walking around a bit and greeting some workers that were going to be on the aircraft, Maria decided to introduce Y/N to a few of the Avengers. They walked toward the private lab where they found Banner. "Banner, I want you to meet Y/N Smith. She's going to help you and Tony around a bit," Maria told him. Banner looked up from his book and stood up from the chair he was sitting on. "Pleasure to meet you," Banner said as they shook hands. Just then, Tony came walking in with a Subway sandwich. "Who's that?" He said with a full mouth as he walked up next to Banner. 

Y/N immediately recognized Tony. She had encountered him multiple times a few years ago. He appeared to be less of a douche. She was rather glad that he didn't recognize her from her previous missions. "Y/N Smith, I'm the new worker here," She introduced herself and reached out her hand. Tony looked at her hand for a second and then turned to Maria. "We get new workers all the time, what's up with this one?" He asked maria. "Tony, be reasonable," Banner suggested. "She will help you guys with the technological side of your fights," Maria explained.

"That's what Banner and I are doing," Tony argued as he pointed at him and Banner. "Well, when you're out on that secret mission, you won't have the time to fix your equipment all of the time," Maria said. "I got my robots to do that," Tony said before taking a rather large bite from his sandwich. "Right, and how many times did those robots of yours make a mess?" Maria questioned, putting her hands on her hips. Tony kept chewing as he stared at Maria. "Touché," He said, mouth still full, and reached his hand out so Y/N could shake it. "Better wash your hand if you don't want it to smell like garlic," Tony advised before sitting down on the desk. Y/N looked at her hand, slightly cringed and rubbed her hand on her pants.

"Where did you even get Subway?" Maria asked as they were about to leave. "There's one right around the corner," Tony lied. "Did you fly over there with your suit?" Maria asked as she narrowed her eyes. "Hell yeah," Tony grinned as he put his sunglasses on. "We are literally in an illuminated lab," Banner commented. "Don't care, I look cool," Tony argued before taking another bite.

Maria inhaled deeply as she rolled her eyes. "Okay, let's go," She lead Y/N outside so she could meet the rest of the team. She remembered that Natasha, Clint, and Steve would probably still be at Loki's cell. She looked at Y/N. All she could see was a shy, introverted girl with no spunk at all. Maybe she could change that. When they were in the hall leading up to the cell, they both heard yelling: 

"I'M GONNA SHOOT HIM!" 

"CLINT! THAT ARROW WON'T EVEN SCRATCH THE GLASS! BE LIKE ELSA AND LET IT GO!"

"DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!"

"Gentlemen, this is stupid. Don't use and arrow. USE THOR'S HAMMER!"

Maria rushed in with Y/N on her tail. Clint was aiming a very sharp arrow at the glass cell with Steve and Thor chanting behind him. Natasha stood on the side, mildly concerned but not too sad to witness this event. Loki has pressed his back against the side of the glass and stood as far as possible from everyone. He didn't look scared yet very concerned. "Everyone, out," Maria sternly said. Everyone turned around and backed away from the cell. Clint lowered his bow and followed the rest. They slowly left one by one. Maria stopped Clint before he could pass.

"Why would you want to break the glass?" She asked and cocked her eyebrow. "Because maybe if it would, the arrow would hit Loki," Clint nervously smiled. "Get out," She barked. "Yess ma'am," He quickly said before rushing out. Y/N was ready to turn around and leave as well, but Maria stopped her too.

"You're going to stay here for a bit," She told Y/N. "Why?" She asked as she glanced at Loki. He had already dropped the nervous act and was staring at Y/N. "Because you need to face the greatest evil in the building," She told her. Y/N couldn't help but think: 'Is she talking to me or to that Loki guy?' "Come back to the main hall when you're done talking," Maria said before patting her on the shoulder and leaving her. "And don't let him get to your head," She warned as she walked through the metal gate. 

Y/N seemed to be more afraid of social interaction than Loki. She looked at him. Loki was staring right through her soul. If he had spidey senses, they would've been tingling.