-Chapter 17: Blind-

Deciding to be a good friend/desperate friend-zoned boy, Loki intertwined Y/N's hand into his and said: "This gas can't be good for either of us. We need to go outside."

Panic flowed through Y/N's veins as Loki tried to lead her toward an exit. The chip was not in Tony's laptop yet. Hydra would surely give her another strike if she failed to perform the required needs. On top of that, she was as blind as a mole. "Where are the others?" Y/N asked, desperate to stay in the building.

"Don't worry about them, they've got the situation under control." Loki lied as he kept walking, trying to see through the thick gas layer. Suddenly Y/N felt something slimy creep around her ankle. She let out a yelp as she didn't know what it was. When Loki heard her, he looked at her and saw that one of those creatures had their hand wrapped around her ankle. He let go off Y/N's hand, making her panic even more, and kicked the deformed human creature away from her. 

"Why'd I throw that chair away?" He whined as he got infront of Y/N and tightly held her hand again. The creature loudly shrieked at the both of them. Loki thought little of it until he looked around and saw more of those creatures crawl toward them."There are too many," Loki whispered. "Can't you magic them away?" Y/N asked as she moved closer to Loki. "Thor made Frigga put a spell on me before we left for Midgard. I can do a handful of things but none of that is going to help us right now," Loki told her. "What if we just kick 'em?" Y/N asked. "That'll work for a minute and it's not enough to kill them." Loki groaned. 

Again, the creatures began to shriek loudly and more and more started showing up. 

"I think they just did a mating call," He told Y/N. They looked in pain but vicious enough to attack and kill both of them. "Well, that didn't sound that sexy to me," Y/N jokingly said as he clenched Loki's jacket in her other hand. "Are we really going down with a joke?" Loki asked Y/N as he watched the beasts slowly approach them. "No better way to die than with a smile," Y/N shrugged, panic lacing her voice. Loki thought about it as he tried to shield Y/N away. "I guess you're right," 

Just as the first one was about to lay a finger on Loki's brand new shoes, an arrow came flying through the mist and shot it right in the eye making it fall down with a shriek. Loki looked up and saw a figure in the distance. Loki slowly smiled.

"What was that?" Y/N asked, still close to Loki. "That was the Avengers," Loki told her as he saw more and more figures appear. They came closer and suddenly they popped out of the gas. All of them were wearing gas masks as to not get dizzy. "Catch!" Natasha yelled from a distance as she threw one at Loki and one at Y/N. 

Loki caught his gas mask and Y/N's face caught the other one. She yelped in pain and backed away. "What's her problem?" Natasha asked from afar. Loki crouched down and helped her up. "She's out of it," Loki told Natasha.

As Loki helped Y/N put her gas mask on, the others began to fend off the creatures. "I've analyzed the gas. If you've inhaled it for at least a few minutes, you won't feel any drastic changes immediately," Tony explained as he flew in with his Iron Man suit. "But keep a bucket next to you tonight," He said and fired at a creature that crawled toward him. 

"That's reassuring," Y/N said, completely not looking at Tony. He gave her a weird look. "I'm here?" Tony said. Y/N turned to the sound and looked over Tony's shoulder. "Oh," Was the only thing she could say. "What's up with her?" Tony asked.

"So I may or may not have cast some kind of spell on her which temporarily makes her blind," Loki slowly said. "You blinded her with your ugliness?" Tony asked. "That's just rude," Loki said with a frown, keeping Y/N close to him. Tony looked at her and waved his hand a bit but didn't get a reaction. "You aren't kidding," He slowly said. "When Thor hears about this, he will-"

"He won't hear about this, Antony," Loki hissed. "It's just Tony," He said with a frown before he kicked one of the creatures a$$. "I'm already in a pickle concerning Thor and me," Loki explained as a creature jumped on Tony's back. "I don't have weapons, I don't have any privileges," He summed up as Tony tried to get the greasy creature off his back. "If he hears about this, he's going to chain me to a pole and walk away," Tony finally punched the creature and stomped on it, breaking its fragile bones. 

"Look, it's really none of my business," Tony sighed in exhaustion. "The tricky part is to hide the fact that she's blind," Tony said. "I don't look that blind," Y/N argued, folding her arms. "I'm here, Y/N," Tony groaned and rubbed his temples as he looked at Y/N's back. Y/N turned around and huffed. "My hearing has been pretty bad these couple of days," She scoffed. 

"Good luck with that," He told Loki before flying away. "Maybe try to hear better," Loki suggested as he pushed Y/N toward where he thought the exit was. "Maybe try to be less bipolar," Y/N mocked and folded her arms. "I think you forgot that I'm your eyes," Loki hissed in her ear. She got chills running down her spine. "Stop that," She mumbled as Loki sighed.

Suddenly one of those creatures came flying past them. He slammed against the wall nearby and slid down. In came Thor. "Oh sh*t," Loki whispered. "Brother, you've got Y/N," Thor sighed in relief as he came jogging toward them with his hammer in hand. "Indeed I do," Loki said. "Maybe you should've just given me a weapon so I could've fended off those things myself," He suggested. 

"Risky," Thor shrugged. "My trust will not lay in your hands," He told Loki. "Now go. There's a helicopter infront of the hotel. Step in, we'll be there in a minute," Thor said before spinning his hammer round and round before he flew off the ground. 

"Once a fool, always a fool," Loki said and rolled his eyes. They ran through the battlefield before finding an exit. Loki grabbed Y/N's hand and ran toward the helicopter. He helped her in and then stepped in himself. "Welcome aboard," they heard. 

Loki looked at the pilot. "Happy Hogan. Nice to finally meet you," The pilot said. Next to him sat a slightly annoyed Bruce. "I've made quite the impression," Loki said and pushed Y/N on a seat. She stumbled down and almost fell. "That you have," Happy said and raised both eyebrows. "Was the green one excluded?" Loki asked as he sat down beside her. Bruce huffed. "They didn't want to risk it," He mumbled.

Just as Thor promised, the other came rushing toward the helicopter. As they jumped in, Happy pressed a button and they began hovering up. A few seconds later, they were off. Everyone looked quite dazed. Even Thor. This made Loki slightly relieved as he did not have to worry about Y/N's temporary blindness.

He sighed, pressed a button on the side of his gas mask and ripped it off his mouth. He leaned back as he let Y/N lean against him with a lost look on her face.