Ch. 40

A few weeks later I was walking down the stairs early one morning while Cal was on the phone with Alex. He looked a bit happier than when hed shooed me upstairs an hour ago but not by much. His hair was wild from where hed clearly been tugging at it. "Cmere love." He muttered tightly tapping his thigh as I walked over. He frowned however, when I hesitated and flinched away from his hand. His eyes had a deep fire in them that scared me as he reached for me again. I shook my head backing up a few more steps. "Sweetheart I'm not angry with you its ok." His voice was rough and had a biting edge to it that just made me shake my head more. I jumped nearly falling over the couch when my phone dinged louder than normal. Ashton texted. He was going to be late picking me up. Great. I sighed and walked to the kitchen writing Cal a note that I was going to Ashtons for the afternoon and grabbed a gatorade deciding to sit on the front porch while I waited. "Hey love, Sorry Im late!" He ran up with a brilliant smile pulling me to the jeep helping me up. "Also sorry I had to bring the jeep. Luke borrowed my car for some trip he planned with Alex. Hey, whats wrong?" I guess I was being to quiet as he drove. His eyes looked worried when he came to a stop and turned to me. A deep frown causing his forehead to crinkle when I flinched away from his hand. "He was mad after talking Alex huh?" He sighed when I nodded and shrank a bit hugging my chest. When we pulled up to his house he ran ti my side just as I opened the door. "Here, let me help." He mumbled quietly but I shook my head trying to back away when his hand grazed my waist. I slid off the tall seat and trembled cowering away from him. His eyes looked deeply sad as he gently led me inside and to where he and Luke had redecorated a guest room for me. Tears filling my eyes as I looked at the wonderland they'd created. It was separated into three areas. One corner had a beautiful vanity with thousands of dollars worth of makeup and tools. Another had a large popasan chair with a gorgeous teal and black fluffy cushion surrounded by books and movies with a tall standing lamp. The final still looked unfinished as all it had was a guitar but the room was perfect to me. I fell to my knees as the tears fell and with the gentlest hand I touched the vanity. "This is your get away. You can come here any time you need to escape. The wall back here has a drop down TV, and the room is completely soundproof from the outside so no one will hear what you do in here. You are completely safe in this room." He sat next to me holding his hand out carefully pulling me to him when I put mine on his palm. "I know you resent how protective I am at times, but Im this way because I care and I want you to know youll always be safe with me." I nodded while rubbing my eyes a bit leaning into his embrace. "D do you know why hes so mad?" I asked while staring at my lockscreen of Cal and I on my phone a bit later. "Alex basically told him he cant just whisk you away to Florida without fully planning the trip. I guess Cal had asked him if he could take you like next week and Alex began lecturing him." "T that was supposed to be spontaneous though that was the point." I mumbled trying to not get angry myself. "He was just trying to give me a break from everything." Ash frowned and wiped a tear from my cheek. "Honey, our life isnt that simple. We cant just up and go somewhere. We have to plan with security on our part and the places we plan to... hey wait!" He yelled after me as I walked out and to Lukes workout room locking the door just before he caught me. "HEATHER ANN I SWEAR IF YOU DONT OPEN THE DAMN DOOR RIGHT NOW!!!" I let out a shaky breath backing away from the door after I unlocked it and hid under a table coveting my head. Flinching harshly when he threw the door open causing it to slam into the wall behind it. The vibration causing some glass to fall off the shelf and shatter putting me in a panic as I screamed and tried to run past him. I made it to the living room when strong arms wrapped around me holding me close. "Heather... Heather, bug breathe its ok you're safe I swear." Lukes voice was soft and sweet as he rocked me. My ugly tears staining his shirt. He was softly shushing me when Ashton walked in with a scary fire in his eyes. "Stay here honey its ok." Luke mumbled softly kissing my head as he sat me on the couch and wrapped a blanket around me before dragging ashton out of the room. I could hear them yelling in the other room and I wanted to leave but I couldn't. I knew that Luke would come back in a bit so I laid my head down on a pillow letting my eyes close.