Chapter 5

I wake up and am already ready to go back to sleep. Sleeping is the only time I can escape reality. Sadly I was stopped when I tried to sleep forever. So instead I get up, take a shower, throw on sweats and a oversized shirt and go down to the kitchen.

"Good morning Brooklyn. How are you feeling?" Maria asks.

"Tired." I say and shrug.

"We saved you some food." Chase says.

"No thanks. I'm not hungry." I say and sit down at the table.

"At least have some juice." Logan says.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks though." I reply.

"Do your parents know?" Bret asks.

"If they do they probably think I made it up so they aren't doing anything. But equally likely they don't know I'm even alive." I says and go to watch tv.

I'm on my sixth episode of Friends when Adam comes in and sits next to me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I never should have been so quick to accuse you. I found out it was Kyle. I feel like it's all my fault and I'm sorry." He says.

"It's not your fault. My mom and dad always ignore me. My life has always been like this. I would have tried sooner or later even if you guys never came."

"I'm still sorry. Oh ya I got this fixed for you. I found it on the floor in your room and figured it's the least I could do." He says handing me my great-grandma's necklace.

"Thank you so much!" I say and hug him.

"No problem." He says and leaves.

I go back to watching tv in a slightly better mood. I start to drift off when I hear someone walk in. I don't say anything, I barely register the noise they make.

"Brook. You up?" the person says.

"Mmmhhmmm." I groan.

"I need to talk to you about Nat." The person says. So it's not Nathan.

"What about him?" I ask not opening my eyes.

"Look at me Brook." And I do. I realize that it's not even one of the guys.

"What are you doing here John? Who let you in?"

"Maria did. And I heard about what happened yesterday. I just wanted to see for myself if you were alright. Why didn't tell me?"

"I haven't talked to you in, what, two years? Why would I tell you what I did."

"I guess you have a point but Brooks....."

"Don't call me that! You don't get to call me that! Especially not after what you did!"

"Brooklyn, I messed up. I know that."

"I'm sick of excuses John. You cheated on me and told me you loved me. You broke my heart and I don't have to tell you anything, in fact it would be best if you left. Now." I say and he gets up and walks out without another word.

I end up watching Boy meets world. I can't believe this show isn't on anymore. It's a good show. Anyway I'm in the middle of an episode when someone else walks in.

"Can't I just be alone?" I whine as I look over to see Nathan looking nervous standing in the door way.

"Sorry. Do you want me to go?"

"No, no. Stay. I just thought it was.... never mind it's not important. What's up?" I ask ending my rambling.

"I know you don't want to eat but Maria is making a snack. Well late lunch kinda thing. I just thought I'd tell you in case you decide to eat." He says awkwardly, but in a super cute way, especially when he bites his lip.

"I'll eat a little. Starving is not my thing." I say and stand up.

"Good. Who was that guy who came here earlier? If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh no. Not at all. He was my ex. No big deal." I say not giving all the details.

"Okay. On a less depressing note. You and I are going out tonight. Where I can't tell. But I can tell you that you will love it."

"Alright." I say as we walk into the kitchen.

"Nice to see you eating." Maria says after I eat half the food on the plate.

"Well like I told Nat. Starving isn't my thing. With that said, if I don't eat, I'm not hungry." I say making it clear that I won't starve myself, again.

"Got it." Nat says while Maria goes to clean my room, yet again.

"So where is this surprise place."I ask after I finish my food.

"That's for me to know, and you to find out."

"God I hate when people say that." I pout.

"Get used to it babe." He says and kisses my cheek, then leaves.

******Omg!! 2 Updates within 3 days! what is this? I was working on this and had my friend read it and she told me to stop so I did. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. As always.....

Comment

Fan

Vote