Chapter 13

When we get to the aquarium and I bolt to the dolphins. Nathan runs after me and we end up racing the whole way there. I beat him by a second but he tries to claim he beat me.

"I win!" I shout. I earn a few annoyed looks but ignore them.

"No I won." Nat argues.

"I did!"

"I did!"

We argue for a bit but then decide to call it a tie. I know that I won though. We watch the Dolphins and fish. The Sharks and the whales. I feel bad that the animals are trapped in an artificial ocean just for our amusement. We get lunch and then Nat goes to the bathroom.

I'm drinking my slushy waiting for him to return when John appears next to me.

"What do you want John?" I ask with fake interest tracing my voice.

"I want you Brooks."

"Don't call me that, John." I say.

"Sorry." He says then like an after thought. "Brooklyn."

"Are you following me now?"

"No.....Wait. Are you here alone?"

"I'm on a date actually. He went to the bathroom."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Oh. Now I suggest that you leave before he comes back."

"I'm not leaving you."

"Yes you are leaving her." Nat says from behind me.

"No I'm not." John replies.

"John just leave. I don't like you and never will again. It's best if you screw a different girl over." I say and drag Nat away.

"Who's that John guy?" Nat asks anger in his voice.

"That's my ex. No big deal."

"Oh that was the guy who came to the house a few weeks ago."

"Yeah that's him."

"Makes sense now. I mean you said screw over a different girl and he cheated on you. I guess I get why you hate him. I hate him for hurting you."

"Baby, that's so sweet."

"It's true."

"I know. It's true but you don't have to be so.....so.....you!"

"What's that suposed to mean."

"Just that I don't deserve you."

"Babe, if either one of us didn't deserve the other, it would be me. You are amazing, beautiful, sweet, creative, joyous, helpful, and more. I love you more than anything in the world, no, the universe."

"Nathan...."

"Brooks don't. I know you don't think so but you mean the world to me. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Nath-" He cuts me off by kiising me. I hear people clap and say how adorable we are.

We head home after seeing everything. Everyone but Bret is home and I can't get ahold of Anyia. I don't know what's going on with her. I drop it and turn on the T.V.

"Dinner." James says.

"I'm not hungry."

"Come eat. Please Brook."

"But I'm not hungry."

"I will carry you to that table if you don't get your ass up."

"Fine, I'm coming! Just don't expect me to eat."

"Brook."

"No! You can't force me to eat if I'm not hungry."

"Brook."

"James."

"Brooks you coming!" Nat yells.

"Naw I'm still full from lunch." I yell back.

In all honesty I'm too tired to eat. If James hadn't walked in I would have been asleep. It has been such a fun day, but it was long. After James leaves, I'm not sure how long it was before I was fast asleep.

Bret's P.O.V

Anyia and I have been seeing each other. We just don't know how people will react, so we haven't told anyone. I on't know what's wrong with me. I'm never nervous around girls, wait........I sound like Nathan. This isn't happening! I can't sound like Nathan!

"Is everything alright?" Anyia asks.

"Yeah. Everything's fine." I smile.

"Oh shit!" Anyia exclaims.

"What happened?" I ask concerned.

"Oh nothing. It's just my parents are going to kill me."

"Why?"

"Oh, well, beacuse it's 2 a.m and my curfew is midnight." She says.

"Oh shit."

"Yeah oh shit!" she yells and we run to my car.

I pul up to her house about 20 minutes later. I walk her the door and kiss her goodnight as she quietly enters her house. I drive home thinking about her the whole time. I can't seem to keep her off my mind no matter what I do. I get how Nat feels about Brook. It's like your trapped in a cage and can't help but want to do everything to make the person outside happy. It's also like something tuging your heart. I just want to be around her all the time.I think I love her.

I get ready for bed and fall asleep thinking about Anyia.

^^

Brooklyn's P.O.V**

I wake up the next morning in my room. I'm not sure how I got in here but I don't really care. I decide to just get dressed and get breakfast. I put on ripped faded blue jeans, my over sized New York sweater, with white converse. I brush out my hair leaving it a little wavy and put on my gray beanie. 

All the guys stare at me as I put pancakes, eggs, and toast on my plate and start eating. I try to ignore them but I can't. I try to think of what their staring at. I didn't put make up on, but they've seen me drunk with make up stains on my cheeks, I doubt that's it. Do I have something on my face? I wipe my face but nothing shows up on the napkin. I look at what I'm wearing and don't think anything's wrong with it.

"Why are you all staring at me!?!" I whine.

"You look hot!" Chase says. "Ow!" He says when Adam elbows him.

"You look good is what he meant." Adam says and I laugh.

"Oh I gotta go!" Bret says and runs out of the house texting someone. That was weird.

"Do you guys want to go to Navy Pier?" I ask.

"Sure. Sounds fun." Kyle says.

"I'm in." James cuts in.

"Why not." Chase says.

"I'll go." Logan says.

"Nat? You want to go with us?" I ask and everyone looks at him expectantly.

"Of course I'll go!" He says with a smirk.

"Yay! Now you might want to put real clothes on." I say noticing that non of them changed out of their pj's.

They all race upsatirs and I wait for them while finishing my breakfast. What the hell did I get myself into?

*****Hey so this is a little shorter than my normal chapter, but not by much. I hope you enjoyed tjis chapter. As always....

Vote

Comment

Fan