XLIX

"Everyone's acting so weird."

David laughed, looking at his exasperated boyfriend lovingly. "Are they?"

"Yes! Like, Sebastian's oddly happy after what happened with him and Hunter, and Blaine didn't even say 'I told you so' to him after he was right about Hunter, and I know Kurt's in the hospital, but it's not like him to act so moody and weird, and honestly, Nick's acting that way too-" he faltered, seeing David looking at him with heart eyes. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "You're adorable when you rant, you know that, right?"

Wes blushed. "Well, it's true."

"Doesn't make you any less cute."

"What were you going to ask me before the whole Hunter thing happened?" Wes asked curiously.

"Hm?"

Wes smiled teasingly. "You know, the whole thing you were all flustered and nervous about."

"Oh..." he flushed. "That."

"C'mon, you were really excited. I want to know what it was."

His heart beat faster, feeling the same anxiousness as he had before he first told Wes he loved him. He was hoping this went as well as that did.

"I really, really love you, Wes."

"I love you too," he said, smiling.

He swallowed. "I love you, and I don't really care what your parents think about me, about any of this. We're gonna be out of high school soon, and I'm not trying to rush anything, but..."

"David," he gasped softly, realizing where he was going.

"But I don't wanna stop loving you. Ever."