Ch 4

Lucy pov

Natsu's face softened once he realized how badly his words cut me. He lowered his head to face the ground and didn't say anything more.. my brain couldn't process everything that just unfolded between us. I lost my best friend and comrade and it broke me. I turned on my heels and ran. I could hear Natsu scream for me to wait.. but I didn't care. I wasn't about to stop, let alone give him the chance to catch up to me. I ran and ran until I bumped into something, or rather someone, pretty hard.. it was Levy and Juvia. I'd ran into Levy and knocked her down flat on her but and made Juvia lose her footing and I fell back onto my back..

Levy pov

Whoa! Ow! What just hit me? I look to see who ran into me and didn't notice right away it was Lucy..

Levy: "Hey! You should really watch where you're going!.. wait, oh my Mavis, Lucy?? Are you okay??" I take a closer look at her and notice her eyes are puffy from crying, and her cheeks are stained from her tears.. I wanted to cry with her, seeing her so upset..

Juvia:  I gasp and nearly fall over before catching myself.. I look over to see Levy on the ground and then I see my love rival. "Levy are you okay?... Love rival?!"

Normal pov

Juvia helped both girls slowly get up and inspect themselves over to be sure everyone was alright. They dusted themselves off and then Juvia and Levy glance at Lucy with worried faces between themselves and her..

Lucy: *sniffs* "Sorry guys.. I didn't see where I was going.. I'm glad you're both okay.. I'll see you guys later, okay?" I begin to try and walk away..

Levy: "Oooooh no you don't! Something is wrong and I'm not going anywhere or allowing you to leave until you talk to us! Right Juvia?" Juvia nodds her head with her hands folded at her chest, and responds, "Juvia is worried about love rival. We can't just leave or let you go without trying to help" I lightly smiled at her and spoke to Lucy, "Let us help you Lu.. please. You know what? you don't have to tell us anything, just let us sit with you and make sure you're okay. Let's go back to your apartment and I'll make everyone some tea or something.. sound okay?" 

Lucy: ".... sure. sounds good."

*time skip*

Lucy pov

I take out my apartment key to unlock my door and lead Levy and Juvia inside and close the door behind them..Levy links arms with me and guides me to my dinning table and has me take a seat.. she sets her purse down and goes straight for looking for what she needs to make tea. She asks me, "Hey Lu, where do you keep your tea?" I reply, "In my pantry.. it's that door left of the fridge." Levy walks over to the pantry door and begins looking for the tea, "Now lets see.. Aw there it is.. perfect.. I'll get this started right now." She gets everything out and ready to go for when the water heats up, and comes to sit down next to me on my left. She grabs me in for a tight hug around my arms and Juvia sits beside me on my right and places her hand on my shoulder and begins to gently rub it.. this, accompanied with replaying this afternoons conversation with Natsu, was enough to make me begin crying uncontrollably all over again. The tears burst forth almost never ending. Levy and Juvia sat there with me silently like that for 10 minutes before I finally felt like I was done crying. I sat up and Levy released me and Juvia placed her hand back in her lap.. they exchanged glances with each other before coming back to me, when my tea pot let us know it was done heating up.. Levy scooted her chair back and prepared three cups of tea before finally sitting down..

Levy: "Okay Lu.. do you... wanna tell us what's wrong? What had you so upset?"

Juvia: "Please Talk to us love rival.. I know we both share great passion and desire for the same man, and that makes us enemies.. but Juvia still cares about you and wants to be sure you are okay."