Ch 21

**I take no credit for the above image

**I take no credit for the above image. Lucy's final performance dress. Just imagine it without the hood.**

Natsu pov

Lucy starts out the song.. and she sounds so sad, "It feels like a tear in my heart, like a part of me missing, and I just can't feel it, I've tried and I've triiiiied......... and I've triiiiiied.."

Aaron:  "Tears on my face, I can't take it, if lonley's a taste, then it's all that I'm tasting, do you hear my cryyy?

Lucy and Aaron:  I cryyy... oooooooh, caaaan youuuu hoooooold meee? caaaan youuuu hooooold meeee. Caaaan youu hooooold meee in yooour aaaarrrms?"

Aaron has his own part he sings aloud and and Lucy stands next to him with her arms down in front of her holding her mic looking down... she's trying so hard not to burst into tears on stage... she then turns back to face Aaron as he finishes his verse.. he does the same towards her..

Aaron and Lucy:  If i aint got you, yea if I aint got you, I aint got nothin at aaaaaalllll, caaaan youuuu hooooold meeee, caaaan youuuu hooooold meee, caaaaaan youuuu hooooold me in yooouuur aaaarms... in youuur aaaarms" Lucy moves away from him to walk down the stage.. and to me..

Aaron:  "yea i feel like its just me, like its just me, what it gon take, what it gon be I don't even know

As Lucy's reached me she takes my hand, "it's not just youuuu" at this point... its just me and her in the room.. "I feeel it toooo" I've tuned out Aaron and all other noises around me.. her voice is the only thing reaching me.. she lets it go to cup my cheek in her hand, "you're the only thing I ever think about, the only one that I can't live without, I need you, need you to hold me noooooow!" she leans herself completely against me and i bring my arms up around her as she continues to sing with Aaron "OoooohOoooaaaahhh" then she lifts her head up and brings her hand back up to my face and cups it again, As Aaron finishes his part of the end of the song, she repeats as the music quiets down, "caaan youuuu hoooold meeee, caaaan youuuu hooooold meee, caaaaan youuu hoooold me in youuurr aaaaarrms.. she drops her hand holding the mic and just continues to stare at me... she looks away and down to the ground and motions to leave my embrace.. I struggle to let go but I do.. she walks back to stage and goes to the back..

That song was aimed at me... for me.. she sang with every bit of passion that I've ever seen from her before.. I sit back down.. "Natsu..?" Levy whispers at me with worry.. I don't answer... Malachi speaks up, "that was beautiful.. she put her heart out in the open and all into that song.. I had no idea she wrote that.." Wendy speaks up, "Well she is an amateur novelist. She's been working on a couple back home.. before she left.." Malachi nods his head, "She didn't tell me that part about her.. it would make sense.. to be able to write, or co write such a beautiful song.." He swigs down the last of his whiskey, "Well, I have to excuse myself for the night, I have to get up early and help clean the tavern and prepare it for tomorrow nights rush of patrons. I hope you all can save her... I know she misses you all dearly.. and still holds a tremendous amount of love for you... especially you" he looks at me. "yea...." is all I can say.. He smiles at us and walks away up stairs.. As I watch him walk upstairs, he sees Lucy come out from back stage and walks over to her as she does towards him.. they chat for a short few seconds before he continues upstairs and she makes a bee line for the bar..