Chapter 8: Without Him

I feel a jabbing on my left arm. It's completely annoying. I open my eyes slowly. Josh is kneeling next to me, poking me over and over. He laughs and I swat his hand away. I had feel asleep on the couch last night when watching The Notebook. Yes, I am a girl and that is what we do. We depress ourselves with lovey dovey movies.

I sit up and rub my head. Josh now sits on the armchair starring at me.

"Yes?" I say raising one of my eyebrows.

"You sleep funny." He lightly laughs at me.

"Excuse me? I sleep funny? Watch I will find something wrong with you!" I play around.

"It's funny because it's cute," He says.

"Now you're confusing me...Whatcha doing anyways?" I question.

"I told you yesterday I would be coming..." He answers.

"But why? It's not much fun here." I say looking around the house.

"Woody is suppose to give me a lesson today." He replies. Woody suddenly walks in and scrambles for his shoes.

"Josh I am so sorry once again. They called me in. They have a big story. I swear soon okay." Woody rushes and grabs his keys. He jets out the door leaving us alone.

"Well your stuck with me!" I say jumping up from the couch.

"I guess so." He smiles.

"I'm bored....and hungry. Wanna make some food." I say.

"Why don't I take you out for food. " He replies. I nod.

"Just give me like 30 minutes." I run upstairs take a quick shower and get dressed. I walk back down stairs and he's sitting where I left him.

We walk to his car. We take off. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"My house?" He says. I freeze, his parents! No! that's danger zone.

"Umm, your parents? They will be there?" I ask playing with my fingers.

"My mom is at work and my dad left to Louisville for a few days. You're good." He says.

"Oh." I say. He exactly knew why I asked. Was that a bad thing? Josh turns on the radio and the oldest song starts to play. And it's one of my favorite songs to play on the guitar. "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz.

"I won't hesitate no more, no more 

I can not wait, I'm Yours." I sing quietly.

"You are a really good singer. You should be more open about it." He says. I smile.

"No no. I'm a terrible singer." I say making a derp-ish face.

"Lies!" He laughs. He pulls into his driveway. The house is really nice. Way nicer then Woody's house. Josh's house has huge glass windows, almost like a walls of all glass. Sunlight must shine threw the whole house. Unlike Woody's stuffy chicken coop.

"Come on" He says parking the car. I slide out of the car. He opens the tall doors to the house. Instantly the smell of pancakes and bacon invade my senses. I stand inhaling the smell. Josh grabs my hand and drags me in. Connor sits in the kitchen eating stacks of jacks.

"You brought the hot chick." Connor almost jumps out of his seat.

"Her name is Jennifer!" Josh says. He might not like it. I nudge him and smile.

"Hi Connor," I say politely.

Connor smile and waves his hand while taking a huge bite. "Hey! Josh I'm gonna go to Jordan's for a couple of hours." Connor announces, finishing his meal.