Chapter 15: My Poor Friend

I try to fall asleep. Emotions and regret spin through my head over and over. Giving me a headache. What else would I have told him. I do love him but I didn't want to rush into anything to quickly. Friends was all I needed right now. All that's happened to me I just wanted a friend to be there. Max was definitely not the type of friend I wanted. Avan wasn't to close to me. Josh was the only person I felt comfortable with. Like I've known him since childhood. I didn't want to loose the trust I've built up with him. Around 3 am, I'm passed out. Usually I try to sleep earlier but yesterday was different. If I could go back in time I would change it if I can.

"Hey Jen. Wake up sleepy head." Says the sweet sing-song voice. My eyes slowly flicker open. Josh sits on the edge of my bed.

"Hello?" I say. I don't know how to react because he seems very okay over what happened.

"Listen I was just hurt. Look... I just fall for someone to easily and it's a horrible habit I have. But wouldn't it be better if we should just be friends again. Instead of this weird thing between us." He replies. That was quick. Very quick.

"Yeah. That's perfect. It's not that I didn't...like you it was I just need a good friend." I answer. I have been planning this but never thought I'd say it. Wow I remembered all of that and I'm half-asleep. I should get an award.

"No, I totally get it. No worries. I mean I was on edge yesterday and...it was just something I'd never do. I'm sorry. Friends?" He asks. I'm completely confused. But that doesn't matter right now.

"Friends," I confirm. Friends. Friends is good. I don't give it a second thought but I could in a heartbeat.

"Well friend, would you want to do something today? My parents aren't coming till Monday and Avan not in town." He explains.

"Sure....Wait wait wait, to your house?" I ask.

"No." He laughs. "In town. Maybe get some ice cream or food. Something normal teens do." He smiles.

"Yeah sure let me get ready then we'll go friend." I reply. The I realize saying "friend" was getting annoying so I stopped.

I get dressed and we leave into town. Josh offers for me to drive. One, I can't drive yet. Two, I'm terrified now. I grips the door's handle. I have never really been in town yet. I've only gone to the store twice but I really don't count that very much.

He pulls into a parking spot and we get off. He takes me into a ice cream parlor. He offers to pay which I don't reject. Free ice cream is always the best. Some saying like that....I think.

"What do you want?" he asks as I sit down at a table. The place is packed full of people. Mostly teens.

"Umm I don't know. Get me what you get." I answer. He nods and stands in the ridiculously long line. This better be the best ice cream I've ever had. I sit alone checking my phone every 5 seconds for the time. A blonde girl walks up to me and sits down in Josh's seat.

"Hey! Jen right?" She asks me eagerly.

"Do I know you?" I reply. I look to find Josh, who is in the middle of the line. I was hoping he could save me from this stranger.

"I was the girl you covered with a blanket at Max Holder's party." She tries to recall my memory. Then it hits me. She was the girl that made me hold my pee.

"Oh! Your vomit girl!" I say. My mind spoke before my mouth. She sort of does this twitchy thing then shakes a bit. Like she's riding my comment.

"Yeah. Lanchen. You came here with Josh Mason right?" Lanchen asks twisting her platinum blonde hair between her finger.