Chapter 17: Truth or Dare pt.2

Josh closes the door. He turns on the light. The light flickers on and we stare at each other. The coats and shoes to our side.

"We don't really have to do this right?" I ask. I mean, it's completely awkward for me to kiss him with his current girlfriend outside waiting. He's about to speak.

"Hey guys! I hear taking no kissy-kiss!" Xander shouts. "Or it could be a threesome!" Josh raises an eyebrow and pulls me closer.

"No! I'm not going to kiss you. It's not like they can see." I whisper angrily.

"We can't see you but we can hear you! I don't hear lips smacking." Xander yells at the door. I sigh and Josh laughs.

"Don't you think this is awkward? With your girlfriend outside?" I whipser, closely in his ear. He leans in.

"Well she didn't object did she?" He whispers in my ear. He backs up and looks into my eyes.

"I'm not that stupid!" Xander says banging on the door.

"GOD DAMN!" I yell and I place my lips on Josh's. This kiss wasn't like the others. It was forced. It wasn't too enjoyable. Xander opens the door and everyone witnesses our "make-out" session. He slams his hands on either side of my head. He was too into it. I slide down and crawl away. As I'm out of the closet, I stand up and fix myself. I turn around- SMACK! My hands immediately cup my face. I'm on my knees and Tori comes and helps me up. Lanchen, red with anger, hovers over me. Josh holds her back. I'm still in shock. I knew it would happen but she could of at least warned me.

"It was a game! God Lanchen everyone was playing along too!" Tori yells out at her.

"She's a slut!" Lanchen bends down and says it in my face.

"What? I'm the slut?" I walk up to her, we're face to face and she nods. "At least I'm not the one who cheated on my boyfriend-S at the same time." I blurt out. I start to puff out my chest. I must look hilarious since I'm not to tuff. Xander holds me back, instead of Tori. Do I really look so intimidating?

Josh pushes Lanchen back and he gives me a disappointed look. Maybe because I talked about how he lost one of his best friends. Lanchen and Josh leave right away. I force Xander to let me go. I stumble a bit and fix my clothes. Tori gives me some ice for my face. I walk into a room and sit on a bed. It was probably Avan's room. I breathe slowly in and out. My blood pressure risen high because I could hear the blood pumping in my ears.

Avan walks in and sits next to me. He hands me a new pack of ice and I replace it.

"Your face will swell..." Avan says grabbing the old pack of ice. I stay silent.

"Did I look threatening?" I ask him looking at my ratty old converse.

"Just a bit." He laughs slightly. "You kind of went for the low blow." I lower my head, I went to far.

"Oh don't get me wrong! Lanchen is a complete slut!...but it was Josh you hurt more." Avan says seriously. "You should probably go home and get some rest. Maybe fix your face up."

"I don't have a ride....Could you possibly-" I say and trail off.

"Tori will. I'm a little drunk." Avan says laughing. I smile and walk into the living room. Everyone stops and stares. Tori comes up and grabs the car keys.

"Don't pay attention to them. They are kind of shocked a pretty girl like you could stand up for herself and be a smart. Unlike, Lanchen." Tori says as we walk to the car.

"I'm nothing like that." I mumble. "That's more you." Tori laughs.

"No. I'm just annoying and a smart ass that doesn't know how to shut her mouth." She says smiling at me. We get into the car and she starts it up.

"Wait...how old are you?" She asks me breaking the silence.

"Seventeen, and you?" I say looking out the window at the dew drops.

"Same here," She says taping the wheel with her fingers. I'm confused, how are Avan and her the same age? She giggles a bit. "My dad and mom divorced and he got married right after to Avan's mom. My mom had me and she gave me up to my father....... I kinda told you a little more than normal. Sorry about that." She says.

"I don't mind," I say smiling at her. I still have Lanchen's reaction playing in my head.

"Just forget about her. She stupid, dumb, and stupid. She has nothing on you." She laughs. I giggle but Lanchen also had Josh. "Just so you know, I used to date, Josh."

"Really?" I ask surprised. And I really was.

"Yup. We dated for 2 weeks and then he said we should be friends. I wasn't devastated or anything but it hurt a bit. He was my first boyfriend I had here in Union. That's how he met Avan. I'm glad we stayed friends because I realized he dates girl after girl after girl. But once Lanchen cheated on him, he was hurt badly. My opinion, it's because it was the first time someone hurt him in a relationship." Tori tells me.

"So he is a player?" I ask.

"No. He's just very indecisive." Tori tells. "Anyways,.....So how do you like Union so far."

"Well, I don't think Union likes me too much. It's like it's kicking me out." I say.

"How come you say that?" Tori questions.

"Well, I hit Josh with my car...." Then I trail off, looking at the road and the car's lights.

"I heard.......you live on what street??" She asks me.

"23 Sycamore street," I answer. Oh, dang! Woody's going to ask me about my face.

"Woody Porter's house? You and Josh must be close then huh?" She says.

"Yeah, Woody's my uncle. Josh and I have known each other for a month so far. Not long but he's a good friend." I admit. She pulls into the dirt path and parks the car. I look at the windows which are lit with the dim lights.

"Let me give you my number. Maybe you need just at least one girl for a friend. Boys aren't that fun anyways." She smiles and takes my phone and types her number in. I smile and she gives me a quick hug. I get off the car and walk up to the house.

I open the door and walk inside. Woody and Furman sits on the couch watching "Rehab with Dr. Drew". I smirk to myself and kick off my shoes.

"Hey. How was your day?" Woody asks petting the sleeping dog on his lap.

"Good." My voice cracks a bit.

"Hey wait. Come here..." He demands. I walk over and he turns on the light on the small table next to the couch. "What happened to your face?"

"I don't know?" I say stupidly. But I couldn't think of a lie in that exact moment. He takes my hand and rushes me to the kitchen. He tells me to sit on the counter. I jump on the counter. He grabs some ice and places it on my cheek.

"Tell me the truth. Who hit you?" Woody asks seriously.

"No one." I mumble. He just sighs and walks out. He yells from the living room, "I will ask Josh tomorrow."

"Go ahead." I say walking up to my room. I change into sleepwear and lay in bed. I put on a solo piano CD and I turn off the lights. I drift off to sleep in no time.