Chapter 23: Next to Him

"Wake up! Jen! Get up!" A voice rings in my ears. I grunt and roll over, placing a pillow on my ears. "I swear Jen! If you don't get up I will hurt you."

"I'm up! I'm up! Calm your tits!" I yell. I sit up and push my tangled hair off of my face.

"Good your up!" Tori squeals. She places two long grey bags down on a small chair. She jumps on my bed.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Around noon." She replies.

"Noon! Oh my god." I say shocked. I guess not having Woody wake me up was a good thing.

"Yup. You lazy bum. We have to get everything ready." Tori says.

"Wait wait wait. What? More things ready. I didn't sign up for this." I say grumpy.

"Calm down. It's just setting up drinks and snacks. A bit more of decoration. Then after that, we get ourselves ready." She hands my hands and bounces on the bed, clearly excited. "There's a dress code. So if chicks aren't in a dress and guys aren't dressed appropriate no one enters."

"How about if they don't have any dresses?" I say, hinting I don't have any. Well I do but only three. The blue dress I wore to Josh's party, Lanchen's old flower dress, and my black dress. The one I wore to my fathers funeral.

"That's why I brought these from home." She says handing me a grey long bag.

"But your super skinny. I won't fit in your dresses." I say. When I mean super skinny, I mean almost toothpick. You could call me skinny with curves. But to me I'm chubby. And I like it. I rather be healthy than look sick. But Tori is just naturally like that.

"Did I say I brought from home? I meant I bought it from the mall." She flips her hair and smiles.

"Tori....I can afford to-" I begin.

"Don't worry about it. You could say it's a "thank you" for letting me have the party here. It's me owing you." She says smiling.

"Thanks." Is all that escapes my mouth.

"No problem." She says. "Comeon we have a lot of work." Tori drags me out of bed. We decorate the kitchen a bit more and also the hall ways.

"I just got Xander's friends to bring the drinks." She says putting her phone down on the counter.

"Beer. No No that's not-" I begin.

"It's a party. What do you expect?" She laughs. I shake my head, I won't drink. I won't.

Hours later, Xander's friends come with all the rest of the drinks and snacks.

"We start getting ready!" Tori suggests when they leave.

"Already? How long does it take you to get ready?" I ask. The longest it's taken me is thirty minutes.

"At least two hours." Tori replies. She grabs my hand and we head to my room.

She sits me down and does my make up. Completely dramatic, dark and mysterious. Then she moves to my hair. She fixes it into a half-and-half hairstyle. The top part is in a loose pony-tail, while the rest lays in soft curls. Then it's my turn to fix her up....let's see how this goes.

I use a wand for her hair. Whatever that is. I have never used one but Tori brought it. I make her hair wavy. Like natural beach waves, as they call it. I apply light make up. Making her high cheekbones stand out naturally. A thin coat of gloss on her lips and she is done.

She helps me in my tight leather dress with long sleeves, with a golden detailed design on the front. I help her slip into a peach flowy dress, kind of casual.