Chapter 14: Wanted Was Time

I wake up to a warm muscular body embracing me. At first, it didn't hit me that a male in my bed was a bad idea. Maybe because my head is throbbing and my stomach unbearable because of the pain.

I shoot up in the sitting position and look over at the male. MAX! No! No, I couldn't have done something with him! What happened last night? I can even remember. I try to think back but all I do is throw up on the wooden floor next to my bed. I push my hair back and raise up slowly. I catch a glimse of the clock on my side table. It's 3 am. Woody would be home soon enough. I need to get Max and his car away from here as soon as possible.

I smack Max with a pillow over and over. "Get-up! Lazy-bum-You-bastard!" I yell with every hit. Max's blue eyes open and look at me.

"Hey beautiful!" He says in a morning voice. I'm wearing Max's shirt that barely covers my ass. Fuck! Did we do something!?

"Get up now!" I yell grabbing a pair of pajama bottoms and slipping them on. I look down my shirt hoping the bra is still intact and yes it is. THANK THE LORD! I throw the short at his face. Max wobbles of the bed he puts on his pants and his shirt. I try to look away but I try to give him a stern look.

"Did we do anything?" I say sheepishly.

"Have sex? Trust me you would remember the experience if it came from me." He says overly confident. I sigh in relief and then am disgusted at his comment.

"It's 3 am. Let's get back in bed and maybe do something this time." He says swirling his finger on the sheets. I gag and flip him off.

"So is that a yes?" He laughs because of my hand gestures. He had a sick mind.

"You need to leave now! My uncle will be home." I say panicking. I have no time reference to when he comes home. It could be now or later. It unpredictable.

"Yeah yeah Im going," He says slipping on his shoes. "You seemed to have fun with the bottle." The beer. He means the beer I drank.

"All of this is between you and me. You got that." I say. I am surprised I'm not angry with him at all. I am pretty calm except for the whole Woody time frame. He stands up and pats me on the back. He walks downstairs and grabs his keys and the empty beer bottles. He walks to the front and waves to me. He gets in his car and speeds off. I close the door, put on a long coat and some boots and sit on the untrustworthy steps. I don't care. If it breaks, it breaks. That's the way I just start thinking about my heart.

Then I recall last night. Why did Josh have to meet me. But it was inevitable, right? I would have met him even if I didn't hit him with the car. Woody treats him like a son. I would see him everyday.....Everyday?? Josh will come here today! Woody gives him his lessons on Sundays!

The sky is gloomy and gray. The world is asleep. Well Union is asleep. I sit traces the knots of wood on the floor boards. Woody's car drives up the dirt path. He honks and I smile. He gets out and has breakfast with him.

He tells me to come inside and I obey. I sit at the kitchen table and he lays out the IHOP breakfast in front of me. Of course, Woody wouldn't cook an actual homemade breakfast...or lunch...or dinner. He sits down opening the package of freshly made pancakes. I dig into the pancakes like I haven't eaten in a day....wait I haven't eaten in a day. So I don't hold back.Woody gives me a look, but I ignore him completely.

"What did you do? Go to a party or anything? Like a normal teenager." He says smiling at me.

"Last weekend you got mad that I was out at a party!" I say confused to his mixed signals.

"That till I found out you were with Josh. He smart, nice, and respectful. And I know he wouldn't hurt you in any way." He tries to explain his change in thinking. Josh wouldn't do anything to hurt me eh? Only if Woody knew. I sigh sadly and continue eating.