Chapter 10

/ Author's note: Sorry it's been so long sine I've updated! But, anyway, the picture above is what I think Shyla looks like. just to give you a better picture. Next chapter, a picture of Ethan!/

_________________________

Shyla guides me through the streets, her plaits flinging behind her, in the wind.

This town is much nicer looking than the last one. The buildings are made of grey stone, instead of dark wood. The streets still have people wearing grey, but there are also some government officials, in brightly coloured coats.

We finally get to the bookstore at the end of the street.

Rolly's Bookstore.

Rolly? He works in this town too?

I swing open the wooden door, and a bell sounds. At the sound of the bell, a small figure, Rolly, I'd guessed, appears from behind a bookshelf. he pops his head out through a small gap, where a book should be.

"You again? What would you like this time?" he giggles. I give him a questioning look, but shake it off.

"Look, I need to know, who wrote," I hold up the book, "this book?"

I slides down the ladder he stands on, and toddles around the bookshelf to where we're standing. He takes the book, carefully, and brushes it off.

"It says on the cover. Obviously. Can you not read?" he smirks.

"Since when did it get so rude?" I snap. Shyla tugs on my sleeve.

"He has duplicates. They own one shop in each area of the world."

Well, I guess that makes sense.

"Well, could you tell me where Willow Pendsworth lives? I need her help."

Rolly shakes his head.

"Can't help you there, even if I wanted to. She died 3 years ago, at 87."

I sigh.

"Thanks anyway."

I hold Shyla's hand and we walk back out the door to the, now deserted, street. I hand the book back to her and she clings to it. She looks at me, with huge eyes.

"What now?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I guess we just go back."

She raises her eyebrow at me, making me giggle. She continues to talk.

"But, why did you want to know where the author was?" she asks.

"My friend went missing, but they found his body." I tell her.

"But at the funeral, I saw him. I wanted the authors help to figure out how I look for him."

She smiles.

"But you can find him on your own, can't you?"

My eyes meet hers, and the enthusiasm and youthful hope in her eyes fills me with joy.

"You're right. Let's go back to the building. We'll figure this out on our own."

I walk ,with Shyla, back to the government building.