This Charming Man

Serenity slept through the flight to Los Angeles. She absolutely hated flying and made sure she slept through all her flights so she wouldn't have anxiety and irrational worries running through her mind. When she arrived at LAX, she was the first to get off along with the other people in first class. She got her luggage off the conveyor belt and walked towards the entrance. Kyle was waiting at the entrance for her. They hugged and he took her luggage and put it in the trunk of the car. She got into the passenger seat and buckled in.

As Kyle drove towards his place, he rested his arm on the arm rest. "It's really good to see you," he said. "It's nice to see you too," Serenity smiled. For as long as she was in LA, Serenity would have to act her ass off. One wrong move and these guys will drop you, leaving you to find your own way back home. They were ruthless this way, and alarmingly so. A girl Leah was acquainted with got flown out to New York. She jokingly called the guy an asshole and he told her to find a way home. He blocked her number and cancelled the plane ticket he had purchased. Poor girl was stranded there for two days before she got the money to catch a flight back home. These men and their egos!

"You ever been to LA before?". He turned onto another busy street. "Nope. This is my first time". Serenity looked at the landscape. The busy streets, people going about their day. The surprising number of women with very obvious Brazilian butt lifts and other plastic surgery procedures. "That's good. I have some sight seeing planned for us". Serenity's face lit up. "Is that so?" she asked. "Yeah. I'll take you back to my place, have you get comfortable and then we'll go out exploring". 

Kyle pulled into the parking garage of his condo and parked the car. He grabbed Serenity's luggage from the trunk and they walked to the elevators that would take them up to his floor. "I got the place cleaned up for you," Kyle said as they walked towards the door to his condo. "I would hope so. It's rude to have me walk into a messy house". He unlocked the door and they walked in. Serenity was surprised at how well decorated his place was. "This is gorgeous," she said as she walked over to his couch. "Check out the view," he said as he wheeled her luggage into his room.

Serenity walked on to the balcony and took in the sights. She pulled out her phone and snapped a quick picture before putting it back in her purse. She put her hands on the railing and leaned forward to look down at the cars driving by. Kyle came from behind and wrapped his arms around her. She jumped out of surprise. He spun her around so she was facing him. Her long black hair blowing in the cool wind. He gazed into her eyes before he leaned in for a kiss. Serenity slowly moved her head to the side as he got closer to her lips and giggled. "Ready for that tour?" she asked as he pulled away in confusion. "Uhh yeah. Let's go".

Their first stop was a walking tour with The Los Angeles Conservancy. Kyle had arranged for them to have their own private tour. The tour began in Pershing Square where they met their tour guide.  "First we're going to visit Grand Central Market. Walk with me," said the tour guide. Serenity was snapping photos as they walked to their first destination. 

"Central Market takes up the ground floor and basement of two adjacent buildings, one which fronts on Broadway, and the other on Hill Street. The one facing Broadway was the first constructed, built in 1897 by Homer Laughlin, founder of the Homer Laughlin China Company. One of downtown's oldest commercial structures in continuous use, this building was the city's first fireproofed and steel-reinforced structure," explained the tour guide. Serenity snapped pictures of the building. "The next structure we'll be viewing is the Los Angeles Central Library. Follow me".

The trio walked along the streets of Los Angeles. Kyle had been noticed by a few people, but none asked for pictures thankfully. "The Los Angeles Central Library was the last work of major American architect Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue. When it opened in 1926, the building's expanses of unadorned concrete and skyscraper-like profile heralded Modern architecture. At the same time, it alluded to ancient Egyptian, Roman, Byzantine, and various Islamic civilizations, as well as to Spanish Colonial and other revival styles". The two of them marveled at the beautiful structure. "You want to take a picture in front of it?" Kyle asked her. "Yeah!" Serenity handed her phone to Kyle and she posed in front of the historical library. He took the picture and said, "Let's get one together". Serenity furrowed her brows. "Together?" she questioned as he handed the phone to the tour guide and walked over to her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and they smiled for the picture.