Runaway

Serenity was sitting on the couch at her parents house waiting for Gideon to get ready. "He's going to make us late," Serenity says to Kathy. "The game doesn't start for a while. What's the rush?" Kathy asks as she drinks some of the kombucha she had taken from the fridge earlier. "Mom, the game starts in a hour. It's going to take 45 minutes to get to the arena, and that's not taking traffic into account". Kathy let out a quiet noise of understanding. Gideon comes down the stairs very nonchalantly. "Hurry the fuck up! The game starts soon," Serenity says to him. "I'm ready, damn". Gideon hugs Kathy and he walks out with Serenity to her car.

Serenity pulls off before Gideon gets the chance to buckle his seat belt. "We're going to get there on time. There's no need to rush," Gideon says. "You know how I like being prompt". The traffic wasn't too heavy and the siblings got to the arena twenty minutes before the game was slated to start. Serenity didn't have to worry about paying for tickets. Kyle had offered to pay for them. Since this wasn't his home arena, he couldn't just request tickets. "Aww man, let me get this jersey," Gideon says as they walk past the team store. "No! After the game," Serenity says. She grabs his hand and escorts him to their seats like he's a child. Serenity stood until Kyle had noticed her. She waved to him and he smiled back.

She sat down in her seat. "Can I get some food at least?" Gideon asked her. "Fine. Go," she shooed him away but he remained seated. "Are you going to get your food or not?" she asked him. "Are you going to give me your card?" he retorted. Serenity pulled out her wallet and handed her card to him. "Get me some nachos," she says. "Want me to see if they'll put beef on it?" he asks as he stands. "Oh hell yeah," she says. Gideon walks out of the seating area and Serenity sits back in her seat.

Leah Huston
Forgot to mention there's a party happening with all the young players and you're coming along

Serenity put her phone on top of her purse which sat in her lap. Leah was always on the prowl and never turned down an invitation to an NBA party. It wouldn't hurt to go, especially since Kyle would probably most likely be going. She looked around the arena and noticed a group of girls about three rows behind her, dressed like they were going to a club. Long lace fronts, heavy makeup, tight clothing, and four inch heels. Groupies. Amateurs at that. Serenity chuckled to herself as she remembered that's how she and Leah had started out. Two naive girls who thought the more skin showing, the better. There was a time and place for that kind of clothing, and they learned quickly it wasn't at the games.

Gideon returned with the food just a little after tip off. He handed Serenity her nachos and she looked at the crumbled beef on top. "She was giving me a hard time about the beef," he said as he unwrapped his hot dog. "They always do. That's why I rarely ask". Serenity scooped up some of the beef with a cheese covered tortilla chip and watched the game. Her home team, as should've been expected, lost the game. When the game ending buzzer went off and Gideon stood up. Serenity tugged at his shirt. "We have to wait here for Kyle". Gideon sat back down and Serenity looked behind her and saw the girls still sitting there. 

She got up from her seat and walked over to them as the seating area of the arena cleared out. She sat next to one of the girls and tapped her on the shoulder. The girl sneered as she looked over at Serenity. "You guys are going about this the wrong way". She gets the attention of the other girls. "Take it from me, these guys aren't going to take you seriously dressed like that at a game". The girls looked her up and down. "And how would you know?" one of the girls asks. "Because my friend and I were in your position a few years ago. Do you want advice or not?" she asks them. The girls look at her skeptically. "Sure," another one of the girls blurts. "Your group is too big. Go in pairs. It's easier for you to stand out that way. The outfits you have on are for clubs and hotel dates only. You just look like whores at a basketball game. Look that way, and they'll treat you as such".