Mistakes Like This

Serenity hadn't spoken to Kyle since the night she accidentally called him, but he followed through with the plane ticket. She had about a week before she flew out. She was surprised her job didn't give her a hard time about taking three days off from work. She was a reliable worker and had never been, so maybe that worked in her favor. She had just finished up dinner when Gideon came through the door. "Smells good in here," he said as the siblings hugged. Leah was in the kitchen making her plate. Gideon went and sat at the table as the girls made their plates. They came and sat at the table and Gideon looked puzzled. "Where's my plate?" he asked them. "Boy get your big ass up and make your own damn plate," Leah said.

Gideon got up from the table and went into the kitchen. "So he sent you the plane ticket and everything?" Leah asked Serenity. "Yeah, but I haven't heard from him". She took a bite of her food. "Not even a text?" she asks. Serenity shakes her head. "Have you texted him?". Serenity shook her head. "Well maybe he's waiting on you," Leah says. "Hand me your phone," Leah says as she puts her hand out. Serenity grabs her phone from her pants pocket and hands it to Leah. She enters the code into the phone and unlocks it. She starts a conversation with Kyle.

Serenity
Hey! Got the ticket. Can't wait to see you

Serenity didn't mind Leah doing this. She had experience with ballers and knew what to say to them. Serenity used to think it was weird how Leah treated them as if they were a different species. They were just regular dudes who had access to money. But Serenity quickly learned that the money went to their heads and they did need to be spoken to a certain way. Talking to them was a game of luck and Leah knew how to win. Gideon sat back down at the table. "What are y'all talking about?". 

"Your sister is getting flewed out," Leah said with a cocky smirk. "By another basketball player?" he questioned. "Yes," Serenity said in between bites. "Which one?". He took a big bite of the stewed chicken and rice Serenity had made. "Kyle Kuzma". Leah stood up and grabbed a bottle of wine out the fridge. She came back and poured some in the glasses that were in front of her and Serenity. "Can I have some?" Gideon asked eagerly. Leah looked at Serenity and she nodded approvingly. She went and grabbed another glass out the cabinet. "You sure you want to go through with that?" he asked his sister. "Yes. I'm not getting emotionally involved this time around so it will not be a disaster like with the last guy". Leah and Gideon looked at her with concerned faces.

"You say disaster as if you almost didn't get arrested," Gideon said. "Yeah, you're really downplaying that situation. Not that what you did was wrong, but you're downplaying it for sure," Leah agreed. The phone vibrated and all three looked at it. Leah opened the phone and opened the message.

Kyle K.
I told you I got you

Leah stared at the message. "Okay..." her voice trailed off. "When are you leaving?" Gideon asked. "Next Tuesday". They both ate their food as Leah looked at the message. She genuinely didn't know how to reply to it. "What are you guys going to do?" he asked. "You ask a lot of fucking questions Gideon," Leah noted. "I'm just curious". Serenity swallowed her food and looked at her brother. "I don't know yet". Leah put the phone down on the table. "The fuck you mean you don't know?" she snapped. "He didn't tell me what we're going to do". Leah nearly slapped Serenity. "That's a bird move. You're going to let dude fly you out and you don't even know what y'all are doing? That's how you end up with a wet ass and empty purse. I taught you better than that".

Gideon took a sip of the wine that Leah had poured for him. He looked impressed. "Serenity. This guy is known to be stingy and you couldn't at the least confirm whether or not he would take you shopping?". Leah was truly surprised at Serenity's move. This is not how groupies who aim to be WAGS conduct themselves. "I'll ask him right now," Leah said.