Flash Delirium

Leah was stuffing Tupperware containers into a Marshall's tote bag as Serenity grabbed her keys off the kitchen counter. "All done," Leah said as she put the bag on her shoulder. The two girls walked out of their apartment and down to Serenity's car. Leah placed the bag of Tupperware on the back seat and then got into the passenger seat. "And please buckle up this time. Don't forget I got a ticket the last time because of you". Leah groaned and mocked Serenity as she buckled her seat belt. Serenity started the car and drove off towards her parent's house. "Why is the radio in your car never on?" Leah asked as she pressed the audio button, turning the radio on. "I like driving in silence". Leah tuned the radio to the local rap station. My Type by Saweetie was playing. "Aye!" Leah yelled out.

New wrist, new whip, ride around dipped
I can see why, all these basic hoes pissed
Bust down wrist, not a bust down bitch
Said I want your man, no the fuck I don't sis

Serenity groaned to herself as Leah rapped along to the song. She drove a little faster so she could get there and end this. She didn't want to hear Leah rapping to any other songs. In fact, she didn't want to hear rap music at all. It wasn't the kind of music that Serenity enjoyed. It was good for a turn up, but that wasn't this kind of occasion. After four more songs, she pulled up in front of her parent's house. They got out the car and Leah grabbed the bag of Tupperware. Serenity used the key her parents gave her to open the front door. "We're here!" she yelled as her and Leah walked in. 

Neri was sitting on the couch and looked up at the girls. "Who invited you whores?" she hissed. "You wish you were us. Even dogs are repulsed by your face," Leah snapped. "We're in the kitchen!" her mother yelled. Leah flipped off Neri as they walked into the kitchen. Kathy, Serenity's mom, hugged the girls. "You both look great!" she smiled. "And you look great as well," Leah said as she sat the bag down on the counter. Aaron peeked into the bag. "How much do you plan on taking with you?" he asked. "All of it if we're allowed," Leah joked. Serenity sat down at the chair in the dinette set in the kitchen. "It's good you came before everyone. We thought you were going to be late again," Kathy said. "No, I made sure Leah was ready an hour beforehand".

"Gideon! Get down here and say hello to your sister!" Aaron yelled. Kathy sat down at the dinette set with Serenity while Leah helped Aaron in the basement. "How are you doing?" she asked Serenity. "I'm fine mom". Kathy knew when her daughter wasn't being truthful. Call it mother's intuition. "Don't lie to me". Serenity bowed her head and then looked at her mom. "Leah and I went out last Friday night and I-" Kathy stopped her before she could finish. "Mmm. I already know where this is going". Serenity placed her hands on the table and Kathy rubbed them. "I've told you before, I don't think you're built for that lifestyle. We saw what happened last time". Serenity didn't want to go down memory lane, so she switched the subject.

"It's all good though. Work is great. I'm happy and thriving". Gideon walked into the kitchen and greeted Serenity. She gets out of the chair and hugs him. "You're bulking up!" she exclaims. "Yeah. Got a trainer and getting those gains in. I got some football scholarship offers from a few schools, but you know I'm holding out for Clemson". Serenity steps back and admires her brother. "You're gonna get it. Don't you worry. You're a great player and you're only getting better". Neri walks in, still on her phone. "You should go shower. There's no telling what kind of diseases she has," she says to Gideon. "That's uncalled for," Gideon says to Neri. "Apologize to your sister," Kathy says. "I don't apologize to loose women". Serenity glares at Neri and rolls her eyes.

For reasons only really known to her, Neri has grown to hate Serenity. They were very close growing up, but when Serenity got to her junior year of high school, Neri absolutely hated her. "Why are you even in here if you don't like being around me?" Serenity asked her. "It's my house. I can go where I like". Kathy glared at Neri as the doorbell rang. "Go answer the door Neri". She walked out of the kitchen and towards the front door. "Fuck, she's annoying," Serenity sighed. "She's just going through her angsty teen years, you know that," Kathy said as she stood up from the table.