Chloroform

Serenity and Kyle were getting the plastic cups out of the bag just as Leah walked into the barely furnished apartment that was downstairs from theirs. They used this apartment to throw parties as Leah's uncle had never rented it out after the previous tenants moved out a year and a half ago. "If you guys could just see the looks I was getting at the liquor store. They probably think I'm a super alcohol or something," she jokes. Serenity grabs a container out of the kitchen pantry and sits it on the counter. "Let's get to dumping," she says.  

The three of them open up all the bottles of alcohol. Tequila, vodka, rum, peach schnapps, and blue curacao. Serenity grabs the bottles of juice off the kitchen floor and they proceed to open those. Two bottles of white cranberry peach juice and two bottles of white grape peach juice. The three of them began dumping the liquids into the container. "This brings me back to our college shenanigans," Serenity smiles as she dumps the juice into the container. "And you're still the horny drunk you've always been," Leah cackles.

As Kyle and Serenity poured the remaining liquids in the container, Leah walked over to the freezer and grabbed the frozen strawberry and orange slices that had been in there since last night. She grabbed a ladle out of the drawer and dumped the fruit slices into the mixture. She mixed it all up and put some into her mouth to taste. "Oh bitch," she smacked. "That's some good poison".

The doorbell rang and Leah went to answer it. Serenity swayed over to Kyle and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. He kissed her on top of her head. "I'm going to try and not get drunk tonight," she says. He leans back and asks, "Why not?". Serenity shrugs. "I don't think I'm really in the mood for that tonight". She stands on her tiptoes to give him a kiss. "If you don't feel like it that's fine but let loose. Interesting things happen when you're drunk," Kyle winks. 

"Am I interrupting?" Dani asks from behind them. Serenity turns around and hugs her. "Jeez, you act like we didn't just see each other on Thursday," Dani bemused. "I know but like, it's just nice to see you outside of work. And dressed like that!" Serenity motioned at Dani's outfit. She was wearing a French Connection knotted v-neck sequin mini dress and winged rhinestone cage heeled sandals. She looked glamorous compared to Serenity's Missguided wide leg jumpsuit with a sweetheart neckline and barely there block heel sandals.

"I didn't know you could dress up," Serenity laughs. Dani laughs in shock and slaps her on the arm. Dani typically dressed in jeans and business casual tops. They rarely saw each other outside of work as Dani took care of her younger siblings. She was lucky enough to have a husband that helped her with their care. "I clean up well. Thank you for inviting me out. I really needed the break away from Drew and Alexa".

"No problem. Since this is your night out, I want you to enjoy yourself, have a bit of fun. If you get a little too drunk, you're always welcome to spend the night. We have a spare room that we don't use," Serenity says. "Thank you, but let's hope I don't get that blasted," she laughs. Dani looks over at Kyle. "Are you going to introduce me to your friend?" she asked, knowing full well who Kyle was. She was partly responsible for opening the line of communication between the two of them again. 

Serenity turns to Kyle. "Dani, this is Kyle. Kyle, this is Dani. We work together at the rehab clinic". They exchange pleasantries. "And what would be your relation to Serenity?" she asked, also knowing the answer to this question. "Her boyfriend," Kyle answers. Dani nods approvingly. "Well it's good that you're dating a physical therapist. If you ever get injured, you have care at your fingertips," she cackles. "Are you sure you haven't already had some of the jungle juice we made?" Serenity sasses. "Oh there's jungle juice?" Dani exclaims.

"You can't have any until the party starts," Leah says, walking over to them. "When is everybody else coming?" Kyle asks. "I know a few people are already on their way. Give it about an hour and we'll be bumpin'," Leah says, doing a 'raising the roof' action with her hands. Leah pulls Serenity to the side as Dani and Kyle have a casual conversation about basketball. "So I kinda fucked up in terms of who I invited," Leah said nervously. "What did you do?" Serenity sounded exhausted. "I sent like a mass text. I invited just about anyone I've had contact with in like the past six months. And Judah happened to be on that list". Leah twisted her lips in regret.