Secrets

The bell rang, signalling the end of the day. I looked over to Kim and she motioned for me to wait. Both our boyfriends were on patrol today, leaving us with no one to hang out with. As I packed up, Kim came and sat next to me.

“Let’s go shopping,” she said.

“Good, I was running out of clothes anyways,” I mumbled. She sighed, sensing that I was upset.

“What’s wrong?” she asked as we drove to the mall. I pursed my lips.

“I feel like Jake’s keeping something from me,” I said. She scrunched her eyebrows.

“What gave you that idea?”

“Well there was the one night he came home late and I don’t know, there was something off about him. I don’t know, I’m probably imagining things.” She frowned.

“I doubt it. He’s probably stressed with the whole situation.” I nodded, although I wasn’t completely convinced.

“...Bella’s there now, so I guess-”

“Wait, what?” I asked, not realizing I spaced out.

“Jared can’t stand the-”

“No!” I said, cutting her off again, “The part about Bella.”

“Bella’s always there? You know, because we’re doing a truce because of this redheaded vampire?” she clarified.

“What does Bella have anything to do with it?”

“She’s the reason this vampire’s lurking around.”

“I get that, but she’s coming with them?”

“Rubes, she won’t leave that vampire she’s so in love with. She’s literally glued to him. I don’t see why, he’s not even that attractive,” she muttered, looking through a bunch of clothes.

“Oh,” I muttered.

“Didn’t Jake tell you?” she asked. I shook my head.

“He probably forgot or something,” I said, waving the matter away.

For the next hour or so, we bought a couple of new outfits and headed back home. By the time we got home it was around five, which meant that the guys’ patrol was probably over now. We went inside to drop our things off and headed  back to Sam and Emily’s.

“Hey Em,” we called as we walked in.

“Oh hi guys,” she greeted. We both sat down in the kitchen while Emily cooked.

“When are the guys getting here?” Kim asked.

“Soon, their shift should be over soon.” Not a second passed before the front door opened and most of the guys appeared.

“Food!” Quil shouted as he dove into the kitchen. The guys chuckled and all swarmed over to get something to eat.

“Hey babe,” Jared said, pecking Kim on the cheek. I let the two of them be. I looked around the room for a certain someone but I didn’t see him.

“Hey child,” Embry said, sitting on me.

“Get off me doofus!” I said, barely able to breathe. “You’re so heavy!”

“You hurt my heart,” he fake cried. I rolled my eyes.

“You’re such a baby,” I muttered.

“You wound me,” he faked. I rolled my eyes and got up to go to the living room.

What I wasn’t expecting to see was Jake with Bella.  And they were smiling at each other. I mean of course I told him that I was okay with it, but I never realized he would easily go back to talking to her.