Making Introductions... Again.

Ruby’s P.O.V

It was Monday morning. My first day of school. I was scared. I was thankful though, knowing that Jake and Kim will be there, along with everyone else.

“You ready to go?” Kim asked, walking into my room.

“Almost!” I said as I grabbed my shoes and slipped them on. I went downstairs, a surprise waiting for me.

“Jake!” I said as I threw my arms around him. I waved to Jared. We don’t really talk to each other. He’s usually with Kim all the time, but we occasionally say hi.

“Hey Rubes,” he said, pecking my lips. I beamed, happy that Jake will be with me.

“Ready to go?” Kim asked.

“Yer,” I replied. Jake chuckled and pecked my cheek.

“We’ll take my car,” Jake said.

“I’m going with Jared, we’ll meet you there,” Kim said.

“Okay, let’s go,” I said. I grabbed my bag and Jake led me to his Rabbit. We got in and I was nervous. Jake noticed how tense I was and held my hand as he drove.

“It’ll be okay, you have nothing to worry about,” he assured me. I smiled.

“I’m so nervous,” I admitted.

“Don’t be, you have me, Kim, Jared, and all the others,” he said. I beamed.

“Hopefully we have classes together,” I said. He grinned.

“I’m pretty sure we will.” He had a smug look on his face.

“Why so smug?”

“Oh, you’ll see.” He threw me a wink and I arched an eyebrow.

“Should I be scared?” He laughed.

“No, here we are,” he said as he entered La Push High. The butterflies were back. Jake’s lips were at my forehead.

“Quit being so nervous,” he chided lightly. I blushed.

“I can’t help it,” I told him. He chuckled as we got out of his car. People stared at us as we walked inside the building. Jake held onto my hand the whole time.

“Hey newbie,” Embry said with a huge smile. I rolled my eyes and punched his stomach lightly. Quil, Jared, Kim, Paul, Seth, and Leah were all huddled in a circle.

“Stoooop,” I said, blushing. They laughed.

“I’m gonna go take her to the office so she can get her things,” Jake said.

“As if you don’t already know her schedule,” Embry muttered. I furrowed my brows.

“What?” I asked.

“You’ll see,” Paul said with a wink, “Lover boy’s got something up his sleeve.” I looked up at Jake and saw him roll his eyes.

“Come on,” Jake said, dragging me along. We heard a bunch of wolf whistles as we walked away. I blushed madly as people stared. Jake threw them the middle finger, causing me to laugh. We walked into the office and got my schedule.

“Oh hey, look at that, we have all the same classes except fourth period,” Jake said, barely looking at the paper. I gasped.

“So that’s what you did!” I exclaimed. He grinned. I shook my head, smiling. I looked at my schedule.

1.       Geometry           Mrs. Merski        Rm 105

2.       Homeroom         Mr. Comey         Rm 120