Butterflies

Jake's P.O.V

The moment Ruby went into her house I took my clothes off and phased. I sprinted and could already smell the filthy bloodsucker. I grimaced at the stench.

Yeah we all feel the same way Embry said.

No shit Leah said. I growled. I could seriously go a whole lifetime without having to hear her. I could tell she was smirking. I rolled my eyes and sped up, trying to catch up to Sam.

No matter how fast you go, you're still going to lose Leah said.

Can you just shut up? I'm not trying to race you! I yelled at her. She barked out a laugh.

Ooh touchy aren't we? She taunted. I growled. She laughed.

Can it Leah. Sam ordered.

What's up Sam? I asked.

Paul was on patrol when he smelled the bloodsucker. It was that redhead again. We tried cornering her but she was too quick for us. She was right in between the border and the Cullens were there as well. Paul tried getting her the same time the buff vamp did. They ended up almost getting into a fight if it weren't for the moody vamp and the doc. Luckily, no one got hurt. We need to step up our game or else the Cullens will think we're slacking.

The only one slacking here is Jake, after his imprinting Leah muttered. I growled. I swear I was going to lose it if she doesn't shut the fuck up now.

Please, what are you gonna do? She taunted.

Leah, shut the fuck up! Seth said, speaking for the first time. We were quite surprised. He never curses like this and especially at Leah. At least that shut her up.

Okay, now that we're done with this retardedness, let's get back to the matter at hand. Sam said. He gave us our patrol times and we departed. I ran to Kim's house and phased back. I quickly put my clothes back on. Kim's parents were home. I could hear chatter within the house. I knocked on the door. The door flew open and there stood my little jewel. I smiled.

"Hey," she exclaimed.

"Told you I'd be back," I said. She laughed.

"You did," she said, "Come on in." We walked to the living room and sat on the couch. She was watching a show I have never seen before. There were four guys singing in it. She was so enveloped in it.

"What are you watching?" I asked.

"Big Time Rush," she said, not removing her eyes from the screen.

"I thought they were a band?"

"Yeah but they made a show first before becoming an amazing band."

"I don't see it." She pushed my arm lightly. I laughed.

"Shut up, they're amazing."

"How so?"

"One: they're all hot. Two: they can sing. Three: they have their own show. Four: they are hot. Five: did I mention that they're hot?" I rolled my eyes.

"Only about three times."

"Oh, well they are."

"I don't see it. I mean why waste your time when you got a piece of eye candy right here?" I asked pointing to myself. She laughed.

"I don't see it," she teased.

"Are you sure?" I asked, narrowing my eyes as an idea came into my mind.

"Yeah . . ." she trailed off, probably sensing something.

"Hmmm . . . well I guess I'm going to have to fight my way to get you to see it."