Perks of Being A Werewolf

“Ruby!” Kim screamed. I shot out of bed and ran to the living room.

“What?!” I asked frantically. She stared at me with teary eyes.

“Jake...he’s hurt...badly...” I didn’t hear the rest of what she was going to say.

I fell to the ground and everything turned black.

~

“Can’t I just fucking see her?!” Jake.

“Jacob, you’re hurt, she’ll be fine,” an unfamiliar voice said.

“I just need to see her, doc,” he said, spitting each word out angrily.

“Jacob, just relax. She’ll be fine, I can hear her. She’s awake,” another unfamiliar voice said.

“Rubes? Hey babe?” Jake called out. I moaned, my head pounding immediately.

I woke up and realized I was on the couch.

“What happened?” I asked, not even bothering to see if anyone was around me.

“You fainted and hit your head pretty hard, sweetheart,” my mom said, rubbing my forehead.

“Jake?” I asked. She smiled and helped me up. She walked me to his room and I nearly fainted again.

His whole right side was covered in blood. His right arm and legs were both in a cast. He had a cut on the side of his forehead His lip looked like it was bleeding, but it was nearly healed.

Perks of being a werewolf, huh?

“You idiot,” I said. “You said you’d try to make sure you didn’t get killed.” He chuckled. I went onto the other side of the bed while the doc - holy shit he’s gorgeous. Well, not as gorgeous as Jake but like model gorgeous. The other one chuckled as if he knew what was going on in my head.

“I didn’t promise you that,” he said. I smacked his arm.

“You’re lucky you’re hurt or I’d hurt you so bad,” I said with a frown.

“I’d break your hands without even touching you. If you ever wanna hurt me, use a baseball bat or a crowbar or something.”

“I’ll keep that in mind, asshole.” He chuckled and wrapped his left arm around me tightly. The doctor smiled at me.

“So you must be Ruby,” he said with a pearly white smile. “I’m Carlisle.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said politely, disregarding the conversation I just had with Jake.

“I’m Edward,” the second one said. He, also, looked like a model. He had the hair and the eyes for one. If he worked on his body a little more, then he’d be perfect. He chuckled again.

“You’re vampires!” I said suddenly. Jake rolled his eyes, rubbing my back. Edward chuckled.

“You do,” Edward said to Jake. Jake smirked.

“Huh?”

“Edward can read minds. As amazing as that sounds, it’s actually really annoying,” Jake said.

“So that’s why you kept laughing,” I muttered. He smiled politely.

“Alright, well my work here is done,” Carlisle said, getting up. “Jacob, make sure to not phase for the next two or three weeks. Wait until your bones are completely mended, otherwise your body won’t be able to go back to it’s wolf form.”

“Alright doc,” he said, saluting Carlisle. I rolled my eyes.

“Thank you,” I said, sincerely to the both of them. They both smiled and walked out.