Chapter 12

Walking into the waiting room Jacqueline sees the others talking to the detectives about what happened. Walking up to them she squeezes down between Louis and Liam and grabs Niall's hand, holding it tight, feeling Louis and Liam's arms around her back.

The detective nods at her. "Miss Taylor can you tell me what you remember?"

"I didn't see much, I know that much." She says with a shrug. "Okay, let's see, we walk up to my locker, I open it like any normal day." Jacqueline says, closing her eyes. "The door was only open, maybe, an inch when there was a horrendous explosion, blowing it out of my hand." She says, opening her eyes. "By then I was flying in the air. Harry had picked me up, swinging me out of the way, pinning against the opposite wall." Jacqueline then gasps. "Oh shit." She snaps sitting straight up. "My God, there was another, quieter bang. It almost sounded like someone slamming a locker door shut. It was right after that I noticed Harry was bleeding."

"Wait." Niall says. "I remember that now, I was going to say something about it until Jack screamed and scared the shit out of us."

Detective Burton nods. "Very good. I didn't want to say to much, but since you remembered on your own I'll tell you what I found." He says. "I believe the first explosion was to just knock you off balance, then there was a second device that caused the shot. Now I don't want to alarm you, but, if your boyfriend hadn't moved as quickly as he did, the outcome could be a lot worse."

Jacqueline nods, looking at the three guys with her. "We pretty much figured that out already." She whispers, laying her head on Louis' shoulder.

"Jacqueline, can you think of anyone who might be out to harm you?"

"My parents." Jacqueline says right away. "They were supposed to be released from jail some time this year. Somehow they convinced the judge they didn't know Gavin was in the cellar, they thought he'd ran away." The other guys add the guys from school.

"Okay, thank you. If you think of anyone else let me know. Otherwise, I'll be in touch." Detective Burton says before walking out.

Jacqueline sighs. "Fuck, I'm only seventeen, only having five people wanting me dead is five too many." She mutters, causing her three new friends to start laughing. When things finally quiet down, she feels Harry's phone vibrate in the hand not holding Niall's. Without thinking she answers it, but before she can get any words out she's being yelled at by some female.

"I can't fucking believe you. I know you and Lou have pulled some crazy ass practical jokes in your day, but this has to be your all time lowest." The girl, she's assuming is Harry's sister, yells. "Why in all that is holy would you have Louis call mum and have him tell her you've been shot. Damnit, Harry that's low even for you. Do you have any idea how tore up she is right now? She's literally trying to buy us plane tickets to come there, what the ever loving hell?" Gemma screams loud enough for even the guys to hear even though the phone isn't on speaker.

Jacqueline looks at the others and they all shake their heads, she mouths thanks a lot, before finally speaking. "Uhm, I really hope this is Gemma." Jacqueline says carefully.

"Wait, who the fuck is this?" Gemma asks.

"Oh, sorry, I'm Jacqueline, Harry gave me his phone before they took him to surgery." Jacqueline says, she then goes on to explain everything that has happened that day. By the time she is done both she and Gemma are in tears.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry I went off on you like that. Why didn't you stop me?" Gemma says.

"You were on a roll, and I was taking notes for when your brother pisses me off again." Jacqueline says truthfully.

"Oh God." Gemma laughs. "I believe I'm going to love you girl. Look I'm gonna go, I need to get to mum's, she just sent a text, I'll be seeing you soon my new friend." She says.

"I can't wait. I'll steal your number from Harry's phone, that way I can call you later with an update." Jacqueline says before hanging up.

"Wow, I'm impressed." Liam says. "I've never seen anyone handle Gem like that before."

Jacqueline just shrugs. "What the hell is taking them so long?"

"Sis, it hasn't been that long." Niall says just as Jeff and Jason walk in the room.

"My God, Jack?" Jason whispers as he pulls Jacqueline into his arms. "Are you okay, dear?" Jacqueline just nods.

"Harry?" Jeff asks, worry lines marring his brow.

"Still in surgery." Louis says.

"He's fine." The doctor says from behind them. "But a little upset someone isn't where she should be like she said she would."

"Well fuck, Gemma's tirade may come in handy already." Jacqueline says as she walks toward Harry's room with a smile, as she hears the laughter behind her.