Chapter 22

MUSIC FESTIVAL

Jacqueline sits in the tent provided for all the artists behind the stage, she's alone, earbud in listening to the songs they'll be performing tonight. Ken, Amber, Deen and Drew are out seeing the sights, Jay Jay and his are listening to the other bands and checking out the food. Just as she stands to start getting ready, Drew runs in.

"Wow, you should see the guy I just spotted." He says as he grabs the outfit he's wearing for their show. "Man he was so cute. He has caramel colored hair, wears the cutest glasses, and was walking with a guy who looks to be about six feet tall."

Jacqueline almost swallows her gum when she hears what Drew just said, because it sounds like he's describing Louis and Harry. "Did the tall guy have really long hair?" She asks, having not kept up with Harry over the years, not wanting to know if he's dating anyone.

"Nope, it was short, but kinda curly in a messy kind of way." Drew says looking at Jacqueline. "Need help with that dress?"

"Yeah, can you zip me?" She asks as Amber walks in. With Drew being gay she's used to dressing or undressing in front of him, but Amber always checks before the others enter the area.

"Coast is clear guys , she's decent." Amber calls out. Not realizing Louis and Liam happens to be walking by at that moment, so when Ken and Deen fold back the flap they see who happens to in the tent.

Louis pulls Liam past the next few tents before saying anything. "Did you see what I did?"

"Yeah, I sure did. Do we tell Harry or wait and let him see her when the band performs?" Liam asks.

"Man I don't know. There was a guy in there with her while she was getting dressed." Louis whispers. "Does this mean she's moved on, found someone new? Or could he be a relative?"

"Hell I don't know. Let's not tell him, see how this plays out." Liam decides.

"Yeah, we need him at his best for our portion of the show." Louis says.
____________

An hour later Louis ducks into their tent. "Hey Harry, the act before is about done, you going to come out and catch the last song so we'll be ready when Ryan calls us up?"

"Sure." Harry says, tossing the book he's reading to the side. When he gets to the side of the stage he hears her voice and freezes.

"I wrote this song a few years ago a long with a few others that'll be on the album on sale tomorrow. I hope you like this." Jacqueline says, she then nods to the band and steps up to the mic.
You're giving me a million reasons to let you go,
You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show,
Give me a million reasons a million reasons,
Givin' me a million reasons,
About a million reasons,
If I had a highway I would run for the hills,
If you could find a dry way I'd forever be still,
But you're givin' me a million reasons,
Give me a million reasons,
Givin' me a million reasons,
About a million reasons,

Harry looks around at how spellbound everyone is, she is absolutely amazing and gorgeous. Not a single soul can take their eyes off her and not a sound could be heard except her beautiful voice.

I bow down to pray I try to make the worst seem better,
Lord, show me the way to cut through all his worn out leather,
I've got one hundred million reasons to walk away,
But baby, I just need one good one to stay,

Hearing that verse almost causes Harry's knees to buckle, if it wasn't for Louis and Liam he'd be on the ground. "This is about me." He chokes out in a whisper. The others just nods. Maybe I still have a chance, he think as he listens to the rest of the lyrics.

Head stuck in a cycle I look off and I stare,
It's like I've stopped breathing but completely aware,
Cause you're giving me a million reasons,
Give me a million reasons,
Givin' me a million reasons,
About a million reasons,
And if you say something that you might even mean,
It's hard to even fathom which parts I should believe,
Cause you're giving me a million reasons,
Give me a million reasons,
Givin' me a million reasons,
About a million reasons,
I bow down to pray I try to make the worst seem better,
Lord, show me the way to cut through all his worn out leather,
I've got one hundred million reasons to walk away,
But baby, I just need one to staaaayyyy,
Baby I'm bleedin', bleedin',
Staaaaaayy,
Can't you give me what I'm needin', needin',
Every heartbreak makes it hard to keep the faith,
But baby I just need one, good one, good one, good one, good one,
When I bow down to pray I try to make the worst seem better,
Lord, show me the way to cut through all his worn out leather,
I've got one hundred million reasons to walk away,
But baby, I just one good one, good one,
Tell me that you'll be the good one, good one,
Baby I just need one good one to stay.

Jacqueline finishes the song and the crowd before is dead quiet for several seconds. Then suddenly they erupt in a noise so loud the neighboring town should have heard them. Never has she heard a reaction like this before. Turning to exit the stage the first person she sees is Harry. She's so shocked, even though this is what she wanted, she promptly passes out.

Harry sprints onto the stage and scoops Jacqueline into his arms before anyone else could get near her. "Our tent is this way." Drew says.

"Ours is closer." Harry says, ducking into their tent, Jacqueline's band following. "Niall, grab me a bottle of water." Harry dampens a cloth and wipes her brow.

Jacqueline opens her eyes, looking straight into his. "So you heard."

Harry nods. "Please don't leave so we can talk, I have so much I need to say to you."

Jacqueline nods and let's Harry up so he can return to the stage and play his set. She cries when hearing If I Can Fly.