Chapter 16

Harry knew after leaving Hannah's he didn't have time to return to the penthouse and go to rehearsal, so he hails a taxi and goes straight to the venue. When he walks in he sees the other guys already there getting things set up. Not saying anything, he just helps.
Right before they start rehearsing he looks around to see if Jacqueline is there.

"She's not here." Niall says sarcastically. "She was crying so hard she almost hyperventilated, Jason had to come in and tranquilize her."

"Jason and Marco are with her in case she wakes up and freaks out again." Liam says, shaking his head.

Harry's head drops, he's beginning to wonder if he'll make through rehearsal. The huge knot in his throat says no. Liam calls out the first song and Harry walks up to his mic, when Niall is done with his part, he opens his mouth but nothing comes out. He knew it'd be bad but not this bad.
Looking at the other guys he snaps. "What?"

"Guilt? Or something else?" Liam asks, Louis still not talking to him.

Harry finally starts crying. He sits down where he's at, buries his head in his hands and just sobs. "I knew I was fucking up when I left, I almost changed my mind. I don't know why I didn't turn around and just get some coffee or something." Harry chokes out. "Now I've ruined everything, God I love her so much, now I've lost her."

Louis looks at the guy who has been his best friend for years, through thick and thin. Then he thinks about his new, heart broken friend at home, watching the way she broke down nearly killed him, it's not something he wants to see again. Just as he's about to finally say something to Harry his phone rings, looking down he sees it's Jeff.
"Yeah Jeff what's up?" He asks.

"How's it going right now?" Jeff asks, sounding off.

"Not good, we'll probably scrap this rehearsal altogether. Why?" Louis asks.

"There's a limo there to bring you to the hospital. Jason thought the tranquilizer he gave Jack would be enough to  get her through the night." Jeff tells Louis. "It wasn't, while he was in the kitchen eating she woke up and took something."

"Fuck, okay. On our way." Louis says, shoving his phone in his back pocket. "Okay guys, let's go, a car is out front waiting for us. We need to go now." He says urgently, pulling Harry's arm.

"What the fuck? What's your hurry?" Harry snaps, jerking his arm away.

"Jacqueline took an overdose asshole, she's in the fucking hospital. Now get off you arse and let's go." Louis says, watching Harry jump off the stage before he was even done speaking.

When the limo pulls into the hospital's garage Harry is out and running again. The first person he see when entering the emergency department is Jason, walking toward him in quick, long strides, he grabs his arm. "How is she? Where is she?" He asks frantically.

Jason jerks his arm away. "Oh so now you care? Is that before or after you fucked your girlfriend?" He snaps.

Harry has had enough, he grabs Jason and shoves him against the wall. "I didn't fucked Hannah, and the only person I consider as my girlfriend around here is Jack, now please tell me how she's doing." Harry grits out as tears drip from his eyes.

Jason places his hand on the back of Harry's head and pulls it to his shoulder. "As of right now she's in a coma." He whispers feeling the boy's sobs shake his body. "But there's hope because we got her here quick enough and most of what she had taken hadn't dissolved yet."

"I want to see her, need to see her, please." Harry cries into Jason's shoulder.

Jason nods. "It's already been arranged, come with me." He says, leading Harry toward Jacqueline's room. "Don't know what the fallout will be when she wakes up with you in here, but the staff here is prepared for it." Harry says nothing, just sits down.

Harry stares at Jacqueline chest, making sure it's moving up and down, for what seems to be an eternity. Pulling his phone out of his pocket he calls the only person who understands him.

"Hello, my baby boy." Anne says after about the second ring. "I wasn't expecting you to call until after your showcase tomorrow, what's wrong?"

"Mum I fucked up so badly." Harry whispers, his voice still trying to shut down on him.

"Oh sweety, it can't be that bad." Anne says, sitting down worried.

"Trust me it's bad." Harry says. Somehow he managed to tell his mom everything that's happened since she and Gemma left, he even told her about he and Jacqueline exchanging I love yous, how everything has been going since then. "Until now, until we got here. I totally forgot I told Hannah, a girl I was kinda seeing, months ago I'd be back here, we could hook up." Harry pauses, takes a deep breath, knowing he can tell his everything and she won't judge him. "That's basically all this was to me a hook up, yeah I guess I told the girl I loved her so I could get what I wanted, but she did the same with me. Mom, we were using each other mainly for pleasure, that's it." Harry went on to explain to Anne about the phone call, how he thought he hid it by retreating to the bathroom. "She heard everything, mom, every single word, Louis showed up at Hannah's right before anything could happen, told me Jack told him where to find me. I felt like I'd been hit by a bus, I just left and went straight to rehearsal, not having time to go talk to Jack." Harry says, starting to cry again.

"Baby, breath. What is it?" Anne asks, holding her own breath waiting for the answer.

"My." Harry coughs. "My Jack is in the hospital, she took an overdose and it's all my fault." Harry sobs.

"Jesus." Anne whispers, dropping her phone, crying herself.