Chapter 17

Jacqueline didn't want Harry to know she has woken up. It took everything in her to keep from pulling her hand from his when she heard his voice. But, keeping her eyes closed, breathing even, she listens to what he says to his mom. Jacqueline realizes he's giving her a detailed account of what's happened since she's left, when he get to what happened today it takes everything in her to keep her hands from shaking. When he tells his mom this thing between him and Hannah was just a physical thing, there were no real feelings, at least for him. Truthfully Jacqueline didn't know if that was a good or bad thing, if he could use Hannah for sex, what does that mean for her?
Jacqueline is just about to open her eyes when Harry speaks again.

"Mom, what do I do? I love Jack more than I've ever thought possible, I can't lose her." Harry says, still crying, still not caring.

"Harry I'm not sure I know what to tell you this time." Anne says. "Honestly this isn't something I thought you'd do, I'm actually quite surprised we're talking about you and not one of the other boys. I mean, I thought I raised you to respect the values of a relationship more than this, especially since you know what occurred between your me and your father." Anne says, knowing her son can clearly hear the disappointment in her words and voice. "I'm sorry son, I have no advice on this one, you're going to need to figure it out on your own."

Harry sighs, he hates when he disappoints his mom. "Yeah, I know." He whispers.

"I can tell you this." Anne says. "If you really love Jacqueline as much as you say, then you'll do everything in your power to get her to forgive you. And you'll never, ever, lie to, or cheat on her again. That will destroy your relationship quicker than anything else."

"I know, now I just need her to wake up so I can beg for forgiveness." Harry says.

"Well, good luck my boy. Let me know what happens. I love you." Anne whispers.

"Love you too mom." Harry says, then hangs up and places his phone down on the table. He is just about to start talking to Jacqueline when a nurse walks in to check her over. It confuses him when she walks to the side he's on instead of where the blood pressure machine is. When she places her hand on his shoulder and leans over him, Harry leans away. "Need me to move so you can do your job?" He asks.

Hearing Harry's tone, Jacqueline cracks her eyes open just enough to see a beautiful nurse looking at Harry like he's her next meal. "No, but if you want you can meet me when I take my break in about ten minutes?" The nurse says, running her hand along Harry's arm. "I'll show you how I give bedbaths."

Harry stands up, takes the nurse's hand and leads her to the door. "Tell you what, I'll meet you in ten minutes." He says, thinking he hears a small gasp coming from the bed behind him. "Just make sure the head nurse is with you, oh and if I see you in my fiance's room again I'll bring you up on sexual harassment charges. Now get out." He growls, then returns to his chair. "I know you're awake, but please don't freak out, I don't want them giving you anything that'll knock you out again. I have so much I need to say." Harry whispers, afraid to touch her.

"No." Jacqueline says, seeing Harry's head pop up so he can look at her. She swallows, then nods when he gives her a sip of water. "No you don't, I heard what you said to Anne."

"All of it?" Harry asks.

Jacqueline shrugs. "Most I think, the important parts at least. How can you sleep with someone you have no feelings for?" She asks.

Harry shrugs this time. "I'm a teenaged guy, we can't control our hormones, even some girls our age are very sexually active." He says.

"But you told her you loved her." Jacqueline whispers.

"Heat of the moment, almost a year ago, it became a habit." Harry tells her truthfully.

"So the bathroom conversation was in the heat of the moment? Or out of habit?" Jacqueline asks.

"Kinda both I guess. I was already halfway worked up just being to close to you in that bedroom." Harry explains. "Then she calls and offers something I needed but didn't want to push you for." He says, finally grabbing her hand. "I'm not saying I don't want to make love to you, I do, I just want it to be at the right time. When you're ready. Anyway, Hannah just caught me at a really bad time, and I fell into her trap like I always do.
Look, Jack, I can't tell you enough how sorry I am. Hell, I'll say it until the day I die if need be, but I need you to know I really do love you."

Jacqueline nods. "I love you too Harry, but it may take me a while to fully trust you again." She whispers. "You really hurt me."

"God baby, I know. But I promise, you give me the chance, I'll try to never hurt you again. Baby I'm not perfect, I know we'll have our moments, but I swear I'll never lie or cheat." Harry says.

The doctor decided to let Jacqueline go home since her vital signs were all normal and she would have other people with her who could monitor her. With that decision made Jeff decided against canceling One Direction's showcase for the next night, hoping Harry can get through it okay.