Chapter 33

Headshot
*Heaven's POV*
I make my way up the stares to my apartment completely and utterly shook by my actions. "Why the hell did I kiss him again in the car. Ughh.. stupid."  I face palm myself.

I open my front door and shut it behind me then walked into the dark void. Tonight's events play through my mind again and again, from the offer I was given, to a man dying
in-front of me, to the talk and the tattoos, to the-... the kiss. My heart fluttered and I felt a rush of blood to my cheeks. Could there be something going on between us? Could I be catching feelings?
...

Nahhhh, I don't do feelings.

With a hundred thoughts running through my chaotic mind, I sat on the floor, resting my head and back against the door and sharply exhaled.

Sitting in the darkness, I here strange noises coming from my kitchen. I cautiously stand up, trying not to make a single sound, and start walking gingerly towards the noise. I panic... think Heaven think! "Athena left a gun here last week, telling me to keep it incase I'll ever have to protect myself. Maybe it'll come in handy. Only, I haven't used a gun... like, ever." I think to myself. "Well it's better than nothing."

I rush to the living room and search for the houseplant. (Note the lights are off) After making it out with my hands, I lift the little tree by it's stem and grab the gun from under the soil, then rush back to the kitchen.

I turn on the light and yell: "put your fucking hands behind your head!" pointing the gun at the unwelcome guest.

^Landon's POV^
Completely distracted and frenzied by my own thoughts, I head to the warehouse to meet up with Justus.

_ "what are the stats J?" I ask as I enter the computer room.

_ "the Vipers were taken down. Their boss Sergei Petrov, was killed last Thursday at the black market. How and by who, I still wasn't able to identify. His men have been in hiding ever since." He explains

_ "who has taken fourth place instead?"

_ "the 7 Lions are now the fourth strongest and most feared mafia in the US. The Vipers and the 7 Lions have been in rivalry ever since both the leaders' fathers were still in charge, so my best guess is that the 7 Lions leader was the one responsible for Sergei's death."

_ "makes sense, who's third and second?"

_ "the third ones are El Asesino. Their weapon trade has rocketed remarkably since last year ever since Lorenzo's son took over. They are better known as traders than killers despite their name, but they are still an A class threat. Second place goes to the Voodoos. They not only work in America now, but have spread their roots in Mexico too, as their new leader and the 7 lions' one made an alliance."

_ "and first place?"

_ "The Saints are still the most powerful and feared gang in America for the 6th decade now..."

~Athena's POV~
The light was abruptly turned on and Heaven yelled: "Put your fucking hands behind your head!"

I quickly got my head out of the fridge, my mouth covered in frosting from the cupcakes I have been eating, and put my hands behind my head.

_ "Athena?" Screeches Heaven in disbelief "what the hell are you doing here!? You scared the shit out of me you bitch! I could have killed you!"