Fate!!!

"Okay! i am also coming... i don't want to stay alone in the house..." anika said in hesitation.

"ok... come... it's for the whole 24 hours... i stay in the operation theatre and you stay in the hotel and keep staring at the 4 walls of the luxury hotel... what you say? wouldn't be interesting? " neeti asked anika who didn't let her go to Mumbai for immediate surgery. 

"ok, i will keep staring the walls... please take me with you... i am yearning to taste that crispy vada pav from Ashok vada pav center... you deal with the patient and i deal with vada pav" - she said while licking her lips. 

"always food... can't you see anything beyond that..."  neethi asked her where she smiling nodded no.

"for the rest of the five months... my mind, my heart, my breath, my pulse only revolve around food, food, food..." - she said while dramatically closing her eyes while imagining about having vada pav. out of sudden in her imagination shivaay came with the vada pav and fed her. she immediately opened her eyes in a jerk. 

"why always?" - she yelled in frustration as she always dreaming about shivaay.

"now, what happened?" - neeti asked her while seeing her reflection in the mirror, anika frustrationally looked up her reflection in the mirror. 

"does he again knock your heart door?" - neeti smilingly asked her.

"you don't start again... he moved on in his life... and it has been 4 years... and out of all, he has a daughter... don't know why he still disturbing my thoughts..."- anika said and somehow she also tried to convince herself to come out of his thoughts hardly knowing its heart to heart connection.

"now i will ask what's the relation between you guys? you will say you guys were just friends... and i will merely believe that and go to the hospital... this is what i do usually when you dream of him"- neeti teased her.

"ok... fine... he proposed to me once... " - she said while keeping her palms on her forehead.

"you proposed him or he proposed you?" - neeti asked in confusion.

"he proposed me on the first monsoon after my daadi's death" - she said in the same position.

"you proposed him back?" - neeti questioned her.

"what? no!... never... " - anika exclaimed in a jolt.

"if you don't love him, then he's coming in your dream every day... that too, with your favorite food" - neeti asked her with a smile.

"what are you trying to say?" - anika asked neeti. neeti came and sat next to her.

"Think it's possible.. that shivaay may know something or be an important part in your past... and he may have questions for your every question..." - she encouraged her to call him.

"yaar... i am done... done in thinking about the possibilities... please i don't want to spend my precious time in thinking or asking about my past... in the case of shivaay, he was always my inspiration. unknowingly, he gave me the courage to face this world as a single mom as he's a single father too for his daughter... that's it maa... i don't want to know anything..." anika said in a stern tone and went back to her room.

"pack your bags... we are staying in Mumbai for three days... and we will explore all the vada pavs of Mumbai... I too want to see how it's better from Pune's vada pav" neeti tried to cheer her up but everything went in vain.

"ok, listen... we are going to explore Mumbai... i swear i will forget about shivaay" - neeti said to her. anika smiled. 

"fine... i am going to pack my bags... and we are going to Ashok vada pav... deal?" - anika pouted innocently to neeti.