THE CONVERSATION.

"hello" - Anika finally spoke after facing the hesitation to the hell. she still doesn't know what to talk? what will she reply if he asks anything about her past, she was totally clueless. then too, she attended the call. there was no sign from the other side, but she read his breath over the phone. she remained silent.

"hello" - he spoke finally after letting her wait for the whole 3 mins. butterfly started fluffer inside her stomach. she can't able to figure out the chemical reaction which was happening inside her. pushing everything aside she took a stand and started the conversation.

"Sorry, I slept ... that's why I can't able to attend your call" - she spoke and her tone was normal inspite of hiding her excitement.

"oh... it's okay... no problem" -he spoke in a calm tone.

"65 missed calls" - Anika sounded confused.

"nothing, rhea told you're in Mumbai... that's why!" - he said leaving Anika a little more confused with his concern.

"you met rhea? but she has my old number... how did you trace my number?" - Anika asked him. 

"You called me before..." - he said where Anika has nothing to say but saw her reflection in the mirror and tried to bury the feeling once she had for him.

"ok, leave that... tell me how are you?" - he asked her and he started the conversation.

"fine... you" - she lied.

"I am good" - he lied. silence traveled along with them. his daughter's voice came to her mind when she called him for the first. she shrugged all her hopeless thoughts and tried to build the conversation as an adult and the to-be-mother of the baby who was growing inside her.

"Actually sir, I called you because..." - she stopped when he repeated the word sir to her. even she was confused upon his confusion.

"Why are you calling me, sir?" - shivaay asked her.

"because I am your... I mean I was your employee... right" - Anika asked him in an equally confused state.

"Anika... are you alright? what happened to you? why are you talking like this?" - shivaay asked her in an impatient tone.

"actually sir... i... i... lost my memory... before 5 months... due to an accident... your number was the only number I remember... don't know why... that's why called you... I know you are having a daughter... moved on in your life but i... seriously I have no idea why I remember your number when I even forget my own number... and I know something would have happened in these 5 years..." - she spoke everything whatever she had in her heart but heard nothing from his side.

"Sir, are you there?" - Anika asked him when she heard nothing from his side.

"wh... what ac..accident?" - shivaay asked her and his voice was trembling like anything.

"Aaah?" - she questioned him but he repeated the question rather than saying anything.

"they said car accident... i am absolutely alright now..." - she said before he threw the next question in the same while she wondered how she can predict what will he ask now?

"where are you been? why didn't you call me? are you okay?" - he started to throw questions but rather than getting confused she got pissed off.

"SIR... you're my boss... how can you expect me to call you when you're a third person to me?" - words came without even her knowledge.

"yes, that's the problem... I am always a third person in your life... I am the fool here to think about you each and every second" - shivaay tone raised, he started to argue. she remained silent.