Missing heartbeat

Rhea looked at him confusingly when she saw him devasted in front of her. tears rushed down from his eyes he didn't even look at her, he looks like he lost somewhere. her vision shifts to his brothers Omkara and rudhru who were kept on shaking him for his response but shivaay still lost in his thoughts. 

"ani... anika" - he finally spoke out in grief, his voice clearly shown him how much he still loves her. 

"yes... shivaay..." - om patted his shoulder where shivaay tried to breathe.

"rudy water..." - om shouted where rudy went towards dining and shakingly poured water in the glass and brought it to him.

"shivaay... relax... have water" - om said and gave water to him. he firstly denied to drink it but soon drank when his vision started to shake due to the sudden shock.

"are you alright?" - rhea asked after a long pause. this time shivaay collected all his left out strength and stood up. 

"What did you say about anika?" - shivaay asked her in a calm tone. rhea stood silent as she don't know what to reply after seeing his reaction.

"Please, don't play with my patience... please tell me what happened from the first... please rhea ... for the god sake, it's about my wife..." - his voice pleaded to her and she made herself to tell him about the incident which happened in the early morning.

"i saw her in the airport today morning and we both hugged each other, i felt something so i asked her. she said she's four months pregnant. she even gave her phone number but it switched off. i missed my flight when i came back she was not there, so i tried to contact but can't able to contact her... so i came here" - rhea elaborated everything to her.

"4 months..." - shivaay whispered.

"i am sorry... i don't know anything about her..." -  rhea added in shock.

"why? i mean how can she? oh my god!... what she's upto? I still can't get it" - shivaay uttered in ultimate tension and sat on the couch.

"shivaay!" - om tried to touch his shoulder but he raised his hand and asked him to stop as he was not in any condition for his words. he tried to digest everything but he can't even able to read anything. their last happy moments continuously came into his mind. soon he recalled something and stood up from his seat. 

"shiv... SHIVANYA..." - he called her at his high tone. omru were stunned to hear his ultrasound voice and it eventually frightened them. hearing his shivanya came out from om's room. her legs started to shake due to his sound frequency. shivaay noticed her but the sternness in his face remained the same when shivanya came outside from the room.

"shivanya come here!" - shivaay pointed her and said in a stern face. when shivanya heard her name instead of baby or princess, tears started to flow from her eyes but it didn't melt his heart which was froze due to the shock.

"did you hear mumma's voice while we are in the ice cream shop?" - shivaay asked shivanya without even noticing the tears from her eyes. his voice was stern and frightening even omru jerked by his tone. but shivanya was confused whether to say yes or no because of shivaay's earlier warning. she remained silent where her tears started peep outside from her large blue eyes.

"i am ASKING you something shivanya" - shivaay thundered. everyone jerked due to his sound and his impulsiveness.

"stop it, shivaay! can't you see she's crying!" - om shouted at shivaay trying to bring back his consciousness. shivaay stopped yelling seeing her tears by then rudy took her in his arms and moved inside.

"whatever you want to ask, ask me... i am sure i am having answers for all of your question..." - om crossed his arms and asked.

"what? you know everything..." - shivaay asked him with teary eyes.

"yeah... i know... today morning anika met shivanya at the temple... she also said about her pregnancy to her but she didn't understand anything... now you're showing your anger to that baby... what you parents think about shivanya? for the god sake, she's just 3 years old... the circumstances you're creating is not healthy for her..." - om broke his silence and took shivanya's stand. shivaay remained silent while losing himself completely in his thoughts.

**********

"what are you saying?" - anika asked neethi again.

"i mean the baby is healthy but you're not... you're having complications dear..." - neethi uttered.

"because of that nothing will happen to my baby right?" - anika asked and hell cared about the baby rather than her health condition.

"here what i am speaking and what you're asking?" - neethi asked intensely.

"can't you hear what i said? the baby you're carrying may have your last-minute within him/her"  - neethi sputtered in anger.

"wahh... mom... you only said there's no fortune and misfortune in this and now naming my child like a bad omen without even his arrival..." - anika asked neeti, neethi remained stunned hearing her.

"ok... come straight to the point... what you want me to do?" - anika asked her in a calm tone.

"time didn't exceed yet... you may even do abo..." neeti stopped when anika gestured her to stop. tears started to flow from her eyes when she slightly imagines herself killing her own baby in her hands.

"ok, tell me one thing why are you so keen in saving me?" - anika asked neeti with teary eyes.

"because you're seeing your dead daughter in me, right! and that's the reason behind saving me and giving me the shelter" - anika asked as neeti couldn't even control her tears.

"When you can't see me dying, then how can i see my child dying because of my own selfishness... that too, when he's attached in me... when i can able to feel him each and every second" - anika asked her while brushing her slightly pulped bump where neeti can clearly see her unconditional love for the unborn baby. she understood she never going to change her mind.

"ok... do everything to save your child... but i will do everything to save my daughter too... now go to hotel room and take some rest... i have to meet doctors again regarding my daughter's condition..." - neeti wiped her eyes and said. anika smiled while having tears in her eyes. she can't resist herself from hugging neeti.

"but i become old... i can't survive another heartbreak... finally i got my heartbeat back after 10 years... i will die when that heartbeat disappears from my life..." - neeti said while hugging her tightly anika can't do anything other than hugging her tightly.

"ok go and sleep for some time... i will come back before dinner... go" - neeti rushed her, she nodded and left from that place. she took uber from the hospital and reached the hotel, she charged her dead phone and rested herself on the bed while thinking both positively as well as negatively regarding her condition. she can't even figure out when she slept.

Her pregnancy sickness woke her up from the deep sobber. she came out of the bathroom and checked the time, it turned 9 pm. she wondered why neeti still turn back and decided to call her while switching on her phone. her heart started to beat fast when she tends to see 58 missed call from shivaay. her phone again rings with his name popping-in on the mobile screen. a lump forms in her throat where she finds difficult to gulp it. but then too, her shaking fingers attending his call and said hello.