NINETEEN

* * *

Friday night's kiss was something she didn't expect at all. It is something she can't get off of her mind either. It was there in her mind, even if she dared try to think of something else entirely. She can't fully grasp the extent of her feelings about the matter because it was overwhelming.

Completely overwhelming.

Things between her and Camila became suddenly tense. But not in a bad way though. Surely, they still interact the way they used to, the easy banter and the harmless flirting and Camila's super cringey pick up lines are still pretty much going on. Except that when their eyes meet, their gaze linger a little too long for comfort.

Stare offs that lasts so long, so intense, one look that could have said so many things that their mouths can never speak. Emerald meets russet from across the room, eye contact that are only interrupted mostly by Ethan or a ringing phone.

Stares and lingering gazes that are sending Lauren's senses into hyperawareness.

After Camila suddenly kissed her that night, it became a little bit awkward between them for the rest of the evening. She got to calm a crying Ethan and was able to put him back to sleep. Meanwhile, Camila went to clean up the dishes and prepared Ethan's bed for the night. Only when she saw to it that the baby was comfortably tucked in, peacefully asleep, she decided to go back to her own place. The conversation that followed between her and Camila was an awkward stuttering mess, and both of them were blushing profusely.

But all through the short talk and goodnight, they did not acknowledge the kiss that they shared.

Lauren wasn't really able to sleep that night thinking of that kiss.

When Saturday came, she lounged for a little bit in her bed, feeling some type of hangover without the excessive consumption of alcohol. The soft feel of Camila's mouth is still in her lips, the taste of her tongue is very much still there teasing her own, the fiery heat of her breath still tingles her skin sending buzz to her every nerve.

Lauren thought about how it must feel to have that expert mouth travel down her neck. Feather light kisses all over her porcelain skin that will soon become a soft bite to the side, just about an inch below her tender ear, a light grazing of teeth that sent shivers all the way down to her core right before it clamps down harshly onto her flesh, sucking her, tasting her for what she's worth, and the sting of it all will be soothed by that delicious wet tongue, licking the bruise only to bite it down again to resume the same sucking and tasting process.

She felt dampness in her underwear and her hand would've found its way there right between her legs to ease the pressure if it wasn't for her sister yelling breakfast in the kitchen.

Frustrating was the first word that crossed her mind as Dinah hollered in her kitchen.

Her sister noticed her odd mood right away once she stepped out to join her. And of course Dinah made it a point to tease her, that her frustration was evident in her sour face at eight thirty in the morning, that she should perhaps knock next door to relieve that tension. She countered by teasing Dinah back, coaxing her to talk about her escapades with Normani instead. And being so deeply smitten, Dinah easily found herself spilling her own beans to her moody sister, who only smirked in triumph.

Satisfied that she was able to sway her sister's attention from her, Lauren went about their breakfast quite peacefully. Well, until Lucy came barging in like she owns the world, with the golden couple that is Alycia and Eliza in her tow. Hugs and 'how are you bitches' were exchanged, cereals and milk and cookies and takis and cheetos were raided and hogged from her cupboards and she just sat there chuckling and giggling at her crazy friends. They ate like starved monkeys and gossiped about random things, and she was doing just fine up until Lucy brought up the topic that is Camila the cute next door neighbor.