TWENTY ONE

^^^

Being a Pisces, I'm not sure if I'm  offended by this video or just simply outraged 😒

* * *

Lauren was sitting by her open window, shading a particular drawing in her sketchpad. She was so engrossed at what she was doing that she failed to notice her silent phone, vibrating on the other side of the couch.

However, a movement down the street across her building did not escape her peripheral vision. She took a second to take a glance at it and when she saw that it was just some huge red motorcycle and it's buff rider, she shrugged it off. But a split second made her realize that something was oddly familiar about that.

So, she took another second to look again.

The red motorcycle rider still has his dark helmet on so she can't really see his face. But something in the way he sat on his motorcycle reminds her of something. Something she can't pinpoint exactly in her mind.

And just then, the rider took off his helmet.

James Dean hairstyle but dark as the moonless night sky, light stubble on his jaw and chin, prominent sideburns and a brooding face studying the streets that surrounds him, Lauren suddenly remembered where she saw that guy. It was the same guy Lisa was talking to that particular day Lauren first met her.

Her phone vibrated again on the other end of her couch and she didn't notice it. All because she was busy frowning at the unnamed man sitting on a red ducati across the street below. She wondered why was he there, as though he was scoping out the area. She wondered why he seemed alone at that very moment, because as far as Lauren can tell, there was no sign of Lisa on that end of the street, or anywhere Lauren's field of vision can reach.

Maybe she dropped by at Camila's to take Ethan?

Lauren thought. But it just seems unlikely. Maybe it isn't. Or maybe she just doesn't like the idea that after Lisa's unceremonious disappearing act, she'll return to take her son back. Just like that.

But something in her gut tells her that wasn't really the case. Especially with the way that guy looks around his surroundings.

She wondered if she should call the police, or to simply tell Camila about this shady but really good looking guy.

But what exactly she should say anyway?

Her gut tells her that she should say something about this suspicious man because she has already seen him twice. And both occasions seems really sketchy for her.

If she called the cops, what is she gonna report? That there's a guy that looks like a male model fresh out of a magazine photoshoot checking out her building and it creeps her out? Is that even a crime?

Or if she decided to tell Camila, what exactly is she gonna say? That she saw a sketchy guy who looks like Marlon Teixeira talking to her ex wife about a week ago who is now looking up at their building like some army ranger doing some kind of reconnaissance?

It all sounds ridiculous in one part of her brain, but two parts say it all makes sense. One part just thinks that the motorcycle really looks good on him, but probably looks better with her on it instead of him.

That last one she forcefully ignored and rolled her eyes on. She prefers colored black anyway, not that it matters. The point is, that two parts of her brain won her internal battle, but got stuck on which one to call first.

Cops or Camila?

Of course, she doesn't want to be the girl who cried wolf so she didn't notify the cops first. That's the only reason why she decided that she's going to call Camila and nothing more. But soon as she tapped in her password on her phone, she saw the three missed calls from the girl herself.