22.⚓️

At the age of sixteen, I was homeless. I had nowhere to go, although, I kind of deserved it. I was acting like a bitch towards "my family." But I don't feel sorry for hurting them. If anything, they deserved to be hurt, the way they hurt me by telling me that it's not right for me to meet my birth parents. Like, what gives you the right to tell me what I can do and can't do.

"Are you sure I won't be a bother?" I asked Michaela's mom, Jackie, as she was carrying in my bag upstairs. "Jade, you are never a bother. You're like a daughter to me, hell, I think I might like you better than my own daughter."

"Um...hello. I'm standing right here." Michaela said with a dirty look as she closed the door. "Yes. Yes, you are." Jackie said, smiling at her daughter and then she looked at Michaela. "Honey, can you go get me a glass of water while I take Jade up to your room?" Jackie asked as Michaela nodded, walking away and leaving me alone with her mom.

"Come on, babushka." Jackie said, continuing to walk up the steps to Michaela's room. Aw, she used to call me that when me and Michaela used to be friends. She must think that we're still friends. Oh, dear Lord, please, don't let her be mistaken that we are because we're not, no offense. I hate to break her spirit but I will do it if I have to.

Jackie walked down to the end of the hallway and opened the door, letting me walk in. Wow, it feels like I haven't been in here in ages but I really haven't set foot in Michaela's house, let alone her room ever since the summer.

I don't know if it was me or did Michaela's room change tremendously. Damn, I should've taken a picture of it. I could've sworn I was looking at a before and after room of someone who was once a Tumblr girl and was now a Vsco girl.

"I'll let you get settled in. I hope you guys find in your hearts to rekindle your friendship and become friends again. I miss you, kiddo. You were good for my Michaela, until that jerk came into her life." My guess is she was talking about that piece of shit, Charlie. Then again, it's just a wild guess

A knock on the door interrupted our conversation. I turned around to see Michaela with a glass of water. Jackie smiled at her daughter, grabbing the glass and kissing her on the cheek on her way out of Mick's room.

Michaela walks into her room and closes her door after her mom walks out. "Was my mom annoying you?" She asked and I shook my head. "Nope, she's all good." I smiled.

"Okay," Michael said, plopping down on her bed and she waved at me to come near here. "Come." Ugh, I don't feel getting up and this bitch is making me get up. Ugh, the audacity, really. "So, do you have any questions for me?" She asked.

"As a matter of fact, I do."

"Shoot."

"So...you're a Vsco girl, now? Is this the type of shit we're on now? What happened to your Tumblr phase, I miss that."

"I don't get a clue what you mean. I'm only following the trend." She said, picking up her hydroflask from her nightstand. "Right, and if the trend was wearing mass shootings, would you also participate?"

"No, I'm not fucked up."

"Yeah, I wouldn't expect that from you. You're like a bunny." I said as Michaela chuckled. "No, but seriously. I care about you, babe. And I'd really like to know what would possess you to get on a rollercoaster like this. Once you go on, you can't get off. You have one person saying "sksksk" and then you have another saying "And I oop-". Like enough is enough, no offense to your people. Some of your stuff is cute, some of your stuff is cringey."

"My people? Oh, God. Now you're speaking to me like I am in another race."

"Bitch, you are in a whole 'nother race. You and your Vsco friends are from another mother-fucking planet, I'll tell you that."

"Stop." Michaela laughed. "I swear you guys will probably be the cause of World War III. It's either you guys or those people who have Tik Toks."

"Hey, don't you dare come for the Tik Tokers, or whatever they're called. They are very important people of this generation." Michaela cackled, making fear up in laughter. "I'm sorry, did you just defend Tik Tok?" I asked.

"Yes, I did. If you've got something to say, you can cashmeoutside, how 'bout that?"

"No, baby. We're not doing this all day long." I said, not wanting to be reminded of an accidental meme. "Oh, okay. Sorry." Michaela snickered. "Anyway, how are you feeling?"

"So, now you're my therapist?" Michael's face froze as she furrowed her eyebrows. "No, I was just—I was just asking." Michaela said, defending herself.

"I was just kidding. I'm doing fine, I'm pissed off but I'm good." I sat down on Michaela's bed. "Can I lay my head down on your lap?" I asked.

"Sure, Jade. You know you don't have to ask."

"I know but we're not on best friends terms, we're not even really on friends terms. Just speaking terms at the moment." I laid my head down on her lap, bring my feet up on the bed as she ran her fingers through my hair, I shivered.

"So, what. I know you may still think of me as a backstabbing bitch, but I'll always think of you as best friend. We just need to find our way back to each other. Anyway, why did you run away?"

"I didn't. I got kicked out."

"Why?"

"Because I told my family that I wanted to find my birth parents and they refused, so I said something bad about my uncle. It was so terrible, I didn't mean to say it but it came out because I felt hurt. I wasn't thinking, I never meant to hurt him but the words just came out."

"Well, what did you say?"

"Some stuff about him not being a good enough father for his son. I swear, I didn't mean to cause any trouble but it doesn't matter because everywhere I go, trouble follows me. Look at me, I'm unanchored." I chuckled. Boy, she probably thought I was crazy or fucked up.

"I just need someone to talk to and you're the only person I could think of at the moment. I promise I won't be staying long. After the holidays, I plan on getting a job and living by myself."

"Can you do that?" I nodded, "Yeah, it's called Emancipation by court permission, well that's not what the act itself is called but basically, I can live by myself only if I can support myself financially and all that other important stuff. But I have to go back to my grandparents' house, to get their approval before I go to court. It's a big step, if this is what I have to do, in order to find my birth parents, I'll do it. I'll do anything to find out what happened to my birth parents."

"Jade, are you sure you're ready to live by yourself?"

"Yes, Mick. I'll be fine, I mean how hard could it be?" Man, was I a dumbass or what? It turns out, I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. Well, at this point, it's God's hands. After all, he's my right man, my go to.

A/N HI, BABY CAKES!!! I AM HAPPY TO BE BACK AGAIN!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THE CHAPTER, THERE IS STILL MORE TO COME. I KNOW THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT, BUT I PROMISE YOU, AS FALL APPROACHES, THESE CHAPTERS WILL BE GETTING LONGER AND BETTER BECAUSE THE TEA NEEDS TO BE SPILLED. IT HAS TO BE. JADE HAS TO FIND OUT WHO HER REAL PARENTS ARE AND EVENTUALLY, YOU AMAZING FREAKS OF NATURE WILL TOO. I HAVEN'T GOT THAT MUCH DONE WITH MY SECRET PROJECT THAT I HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT WITH YOU GUYS. HOPEFULLY, I WILL FINISH BEFORE FALL BECAUSE I AM TRULY PROUD OF WHAT IT IS BECOMING AND I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL BE TOO. BYE, BABY CAKES. IFLY.❤️