• You're Not Joking? || Bucky Barnes •

i missed writing about bucky 🥺. BUT GUSTSYSYAYAY IM WRITING THIS CAUSE I WOKE UP 3 HOURS BEFORE SCHOOL,,, TODAYS MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL AND IM F R E A K I N G OUT.
edit: the first day was alright

1 week before your anniversary ~
"sooo what do you think he got you?" nat nudged you with a devilish smirk. "who knows!" you giggled like a child on christmas. "well i'm sure he'll love your gift.. and the rooftop." she winked, leaving the room.

meanwhile...
"dude what do you want for lunch?" sam asked bucky. "you're gonna get me lunch?" i cocked an eyebrow at him. "no. you're gonna by your OWN lunch, i just asked to start a conversation." "thanks, wilson. i appreciate the thought." i said, annoyed.

your one year anniversary x ~
you woke up early this morning. you were excited for the day you would be getting to spend with bucky, since he's always busy. you assumed maybe he took the day off to spend time with you?

current time: 8:30am. you quietly snuck out of bed and headed towards the kitchen. you made bucky heart shaped pancakes and cut up some plums for him. you finished the meal with a black coffee, for some reason that was bucky's favourite. (black coffee makes me gag even at the smell 💀)

you put everything on a tray, ready to bring to bucky but he came to you instead. "bucky!!" you yelled excitedly. "i made you breakfast." you gave him the warmest smile. "thanks, but i've a mission today, i'll be back later. love you." he said, grabbing a piece of the plum and kissing you on the cheek before leaving.

what? you were almost positive bucky didn't have anything to do today, and he'd spend it with you. maybe he'll be back to celebrate your anniversary later? sometimes, he doesn't even come back for another week, which worried the fudger nuggets out of you.

later that day, 6pm ~
you were starting to lose hope. he probably wouldn't get back until tomorrow morning.. why wouldn't he take a day off on your anniversary? or at least greet you with- he forgot your anniversary.. you couldn't believe how long it took to come up with that conclusion.

your eyes watered. wow.. you decided you weren't going to let the beautiful rooftop view to go to waste, so you went up to watch. nobody could hear you crying from up there, so it was a win.

the sunset was beautiful. if only bucky were here to watch..

it was now 7:35pm, it was officially dark

it was now 7:35pm, it was officially dark. you honestly couldn't wait until the day was over.

you heard the door open. you didn't care, it was probably tony telling you to stop being so loud. "hey, friday said you were- aw this is gorgeous." you almost scoffed. not yet, though. i'd love to see how long it'll take him to realize it's your anniversary.

"why'd you do this, anyways?" he questioned, dumbfounded. you closed your eyes. you didn't need a bucky here right now. "what's going on HUH?" he said. he always said his 'huh's' so loudly, it was weird.