CHAPTER 2: Explain, NOW!

ANDERS

I stayed last night at some random chicks house that I hooked up with after the fight I did and was needing a shower. So I got up and snuck out to head over to my place.

I'm not too into the whole relationship kind of a thing because it's a waste of time. First, it's hard to find a girl that isn't high maintenance which don't get me wrong, I like a woman that can take care of herself but yet doesn't mind ordering real food and not just a crouton. I mean, I know you go home to eat.

When I say 'high maintenance', I mean a girl that freaks out over breaking a nail as if it's the end of the world when it can be fixed. Along with a girl that feels she needs to cake so much makeup on and letting her real beauty be hidden rather than show. Most of the girls that try so hard to be perfect usually end up being the bitchiest at least with my experience. So, why bother? Plus, usually the prettier they are, the more likelihood they're going to use you JUST for your money.

When I finally made it to the house, it was close to the time when Simone would be home from school. Which I still can't believe she's in college. She's like a baby sister to me, but I am proud of her.

I start taking a shower then afterwards begin getting ready to go out in a few hours with my best friend, Jakob.

Once I was finished getting ready I heard my phone go off and when I looked to see it was Angus Bowington, I right away regretted it.

Angus happens to be the leader of one of the most fearful gangs in America and he has connections to many other infamous leaders. He doesn't take 'no' for an answer which I unfortunately, didn't learn until it was too late.

It's your typical story of a teenager who was kicked out of their house at the age of fifteen because of the shit I was getting myself into. However, I still continued school as I stayed with my friends and even though I cleaned up my act before graduating, the damage was already done with my parents. At least to me it was.

I had to leave them behind and lose contact because Angus didn't take too kindly to me leaving his gang and I was afraid that he'd come after them. He promised not to hurt them or anyone in my family as long as I fought for him in the underground fighting world.

After my parents died, with my mom from cancer and my father from drinking himself to death, I had known then and there that a 'good' life was just not in the cards for me. So why bother?

I got good grades when I was in school and even went to college to learn business and graduated as well. However, my past caught up and now I'm stuck still fighting for Angus  and can't escape.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I need for you to meet up with me tonight. We need to go over some of the fights coming up." He says.

"I'm off tonight." I tell him.

"What was that?" He asks sarcastically.

I swear I wanted to reach through my phone and throttle him.

"I said when and where?!" I tell him through gritted teeth.

"At our usual place. There's something I would like to show you as well." He tells me.

"Alright." I reply.

"Good. Be there at eleven and not a second later." He tells me.

"Yeah, whatever." I say.

"I'll have one of my men pick you up." He says.

"Fine." I roll my eyes in annoyance before I hang up.

Fuck I need to figure out in how I'm going to get out of this thing with him.

Simone is like my best friend and is the ONLY person I have ever told in what I do and who I work for and who hasn't judged me for it.

While walking out of the room, I feel already I need a drink. While making my way towards the kitchen though, I was pissed off already and expected to see Simone, but instead am surprised to see somebody else.

I swear I don't have time for this. I told Simone about having people come and crash here and mooch off of her.

"Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my place?!" I scowled at her while crossing my arms over my chest.

"My name's Karli. I just moved in yesterday." She says as she holds out her hand. "You must be Simone's cousin?"

"Yes. And what do you mean that you JUST moved in here? This is the first I've heard of this." I tell her while taking a couple of steps forward.

The door opens up and in walks Simone.

"Hey!" She smiles while looking back and forth at me and Karli.

"Your ass has a lot of explaining to do." I scowl at her.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)