CHAPTER 14: Good Old Friend

ANDERS

After waking up the next morning, I had tried rubbing my hands over my face and eyes so that I could wake myself up some more while stretching in bed and noticing Karli wasn't laying beside me.

So I got up and put my boxers on while walking out of the room and right away could smell something delicious.

When walking towards the living room then seeing her by the stove in her PJ bottoms and tank top with her hair up in a messy bun, I couldn't but stare and check her out before I wrapped my arms from behind and gave her kisses on the side of her neck.

"Good morning beautiful." I say in her ear.

"Good morning." She smiles before turning around and wrapping her arms around my neck placing her lips onto mine.

"What are you making for breakfast?" I asked.

"Bacon, biscuits and gravy along with coffee." She smiles.

"Mmmm....can't wait." I tell her.

I have never had a girl cook for me before. Didn't think girls did that to be honest.

While having a great breakfast, we sat there and talked and I swear that with the way she was treating me right now, I have to admit, she is making it impossible not to fall in love with her.

"So what are your plans today?" She asks.

"Well, I need to go to the gym and prepare for a figh...work." I quickly corrected myself.

"Oh." She says. "They must pay you really good." She says.

"Yeah, not so bad." I smile at her.

"Well, I have a job interview today so, hopefully I get it." She smiles.

"I'm sure you will." I wink at her. "Where's the job at?" I asked.

"It's actually on campus at the cafe near the cafeteria."

"That will be cool. It must not pay very good though."

"It's not bad, for now at least. Besides, it gives me something to do to make some money and be able to keep up with rent." She says. "Then I'll hopefully find a better job."

"I've been meaning to tell you about that. If you're ever short, don't ever worry and including groceries neither." I offer.

"Why are you proposing that? Is it because I'm sleeping with you?" She smiles.

"No. I'm just letting you know." I tell her.

We both sit there looking at each other for a moment before we both get up to get ready to head off and do our own thing.

We noticed too that Simone never came home last night and she never texted me or call to let me know she was okay in which she normally would because she knows how much I worry about her.

Then after taking a shower and before heading out, I decide to offer Karli a ride to her job interview and right as we started walking to the car, I saw I got a message from Simone telling me she was okay, had a lot to drink but came in really late and had just now woken up and will see me tonight.

After I dropped Karli off, I made my way towards the gym and began my two hour workout routine.

It feels nice to be with a girl that might or might not approve of my lifestyle and makes me smile at just the thought of her.

When I finished my workout, I grabbed some lunch and then relaxed for a little bit before heading back to the condo and grabbing my duffel bag filled with my stuff needed for the fight.

Once I got to the place where my fight was going to be at, I sat in the same old looking and somewhat cleaned room as I always do when preparing for a fight and I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say.

The door opens up and in walks my best friend I haven't seen in a long ass time.

"Hey there idiot!" My friend, Hainz smiles with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Holy shit, Hainz!" I say with a big smile as I get up and go in for a bro hug.

"It's been too damn fucking long asshole." He says as he hugs me back.

"Yes it has. But then again, that's your fault." I tell him.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was in town and found out that you lived around here still so thought I would stop by." He says.

"Well as good as it is to see you, I have to prepare for a fight." I tell him.

"Yeah, I can tell you still are into that." She says. "I thought you got out and stopped working for these assholes?!" He says.

"Yeah well, almost." I explain.

"Just like you said last time." He reminds me.

"Yeah. I know. But this time it's for real." I assure him.

"I hope so." He says.

"How long you in town for?" I ask.

"Not sure yet. Playing it by ear." He tells me.

"Must be nice to own your own business that lets you travel." I laugh.

"Yeah well, you know me." He laughs.

"Well, you wanna stay for the fight and then come chill at the condo?" I ask.

"Sure." He says. "And let me guess, Simone has no idea still that you do this fighting?!"

"No and that's the way it'll stay." I look at him.

"Alright." He says with hands up in surrender.

We start heading out to the middle of the old and beaten up ring and start fighting.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)