CHAPTER 15: Long Time No See

KARLI

After my interview and was told that I was hired, I was given a blue shirt with the cafe's name on it and was told I could wear jeans as long as they looked nice. 

The pay wasn't going to be the greatest but enough and my starting out pay was actually more than advertised because of the experience I had in a restaurant already. 

Once I found out about being hired, I went ahead and messaged both Simone and Anders who both messaged me back soon after and had suggested we celebrate tonight. 

Simone had brought up her wanting to make dinner tonight. Anders teased her about how we would need to have the fire extinguisher on hand. Which was funny because I have never seen her make anything other than a bowl of cereal. 

I had asked her though if she needed anything from the store for tonight and she sent me a short list. She told me she'd pay me back but, I had money still in order to get it, plus I have a job now, so I'll be fine. 

When I finished at the store and started heading back to the condo. The moment I walked in, I noticed she was scrolling on her phone and looked at a pan confused. 

"Do you need some help?" I asked. 

"No. This is your celebration dinner. So I want to make it." She smiles. 

"Alright. Well, here's the stuff you asked for." I tell her as I set down the bags. 

Her phone starts to go off and after answering it, by the way she answers it, I know it's Anders. Although I have no idea in what he tells her but whatever it was, it kicked her into panic mode. 

"Oh my god." She says. 

"What's the matter?" I ask. 

"Hainz is coming over with Anders." She tells me. 

"It's Anders' best friend. We haven't seen him in years but I guess he's in town and might be staying with us also." She says with a huge smile. 

"Alright. Do you like him?" I asked curiously. 

"Hell yeah I do! I've always liked him. He's the only guy in my entire life that I had always liked." She tells me with the biggest smile I have seen yet on her face. 

"Okay, calm down." I laugh a little bit. "Why don't you go get yourself ready while I start in on whatever you're making and you finish when you are done?" I offered. 

"Thank you." She says relieved and even more excited. 

From the looks of it, I guess she was attempting to make lasagna using italian sausage. Which I figured she was going to make something like this from the list she sent me for ingredients to get including a caesar salad and garlic bread. 

So I started everything and saw her walk out wearing a nice and casual dress that was a medium green shade. She also had her hair down and flipped out at the bottom as it came to her shoulders and wore the bare minimum for make up. To which I was impressed seeing as to how she usually dresses more up and over-the-top. 

"So?" She asks. 

"You look amazing." I smile at her. 

"Thanks." She smiles. 

Next she comes walking up towards me in the kitchen, then I have her finish layering the dish while I went to take a quick shower and got into my comfortable leggings, a nice tank top along with flats. 

By the time I came out after getting ready, I heard loud laughter coming from Simone, along with Anders and Hainz, I'm assuming. 

Hainz had slicked back hair and several big tattoos that you could see some of pop up from under his shirt towards his neck and dimples that went along with his very nice blue eyes. Right away, I felt that Simone and him both made such a great couple and was going to make sure they found a way. 

When dinner was ready, we all took our seats and started to eat. 

"So how long have you and Anders been dating?" Hainz asks. 

"For a little while." I smiled at Anders. 

He smiled and winked back at me before Hainz said anything else. 

"I feel bad for you." He jokes at me.

"Fuck you man. You're just jealous!" Anders teases him back 

"Yes well, it's hard these days finding a good girl that won't cheat on ya." He says. 

"You know, Simone here, she seems to have the WORST tastes in men." I say trying to change the subject as I ignore the the shocked look I'm getting from Simone.

I wink at her and mouth 'It's true.'

"Yeah?" HE asks before looking at her. "Maybe we could help each other out then." He winked at her. 

Now I have never seen this girl blush before and it's really cute. 

"Dude! That's my cousin." We hear Anders ruin the moment. 

"And? I'm not talking about hooking up. I'm just thinking about a date." He says while starting to laugh as Anders scowls at him. 

"Relax. Stop being so damn over protective." Simone pouts while glaring at Anders at the same time. 

Meanwhile, I'm trying to hold in my laughter as it's just way too adorable. They act more like brother and sister, I swear. 

Throughout the rest of dinner, everything seemed to go okay as we all laughed and got to know each other more talking about how we acted when we were kids along with some embarrassing stories Hainz began telling me about Anders and Simone. 

The funniest part of the night was towards the end. After Anders gave Hainz a blanket and pillow for the couch, he commented as we started heading to bed that he was not allowed to try and sneak into Simone's room. 

All three of us rolled our eyes at Anders and I started to pull him into my bedroom and tried to 'distract' him. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)