CHAPTER 20: Better Than Expected

ANDERS

I want to tell her so bad about what's really going on with everything but I can't. She might not want to be with me anymore and I wouldn't blame her. However I'd be devastated if she ever broke up with me over this.

I wish so badly I could go back in time and do things differently with my life but all I can do is try and get out of this thing once and for all.

I tried spending as much time as I could with Karli and Simone before I left and everyday it seemed as though things were getting harder in regards to me leaving.

There was a huge part of me that wanted to end all of this with Angus and tell him I wasn't going to do this but I know better. Plus, it might not be all too bad because one of Rogue's guys, I used to be friends with gave me some information in how to go about trying to get the item without worrying about having my body parts cut off.

There's a bigger part of me however that is worried about leaving Karli and everyone behind. I mean, I know Hainz has been cool enough in reassuring me he can watch out for the girls and I do trust him and all it's the fact I don't trust Angus.

I leave in a couple of days and I had a dream last night that while I was away, when I came home, I saw her, Simone and even Hainz, each shot in the back of the head.

That's why today, I'm about to do something that I can't believe I'm doing but I know I will feel better. Rather it's the right thing to do or not, I feel like it's the only way.

After Simone got out of school and Karli got off of work then came home, both Hainz and I were waiting for them with some take out and some wine also.

Hainz told me earlier after I went over my idea with him, that he told Karli about why I'm going to Paris and the other stuff.

I wish I was the one to tell her, but I can'r be all that mad since I know he did it because she asked and she only asked because she cared.

He also confessed how he feels about Simone and that they are together and in a say, I knew it would happen. I'm just very protective because Simone is the only true family I have left. She's like a sister.

I had Simone pick Karli up and as soon as they walked into the door, I started to feel a little nervous for some reason.

"Hey baby." I greeted Karli with a smile and a kiss.

"Hey." She smiled and kissed me back. "Mmm, I was wanting Chinese food, thank you." She says.

We all sit down and begin to eat then afterwards, I finally take in a deep breath and begin.

"So I was thinking that we all could go to Paris." I say before finishing my wine.

Simone and Karli both look at each other and smile before looking at me with huge smiles.

"Hell yeah!" Simone says all excited.

I could tell she wanted to hug and kiss Hainz but stopped herself and that's when I suddenly noticed Karli jump onto my lap and start kissing me.

"So does this mean you want to go?" I ask teasingly.

"Hell yes I do." She smiles before kissing me again.

"Good. And we are all staying in the same suite but just different rooms." I mention.

Simone looks confused and then looks at Hainz.

"It's alright. He knows." He winks at her and laughs.

She then looks at me and smiles while mouthing 'thank you.' She then goes and kisses him.

"Okay, well, I think it's time we go to bed." I suggest to hide the uncomfortable situation I feel I'm in now.

We all say goodnight and then head off. And I must say that that all went better than planned.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)