CHAPTER 19: He's A What?

KARLI

So far things have been going really good and I also was glad that when Anders got to the concert, he didn't say anything about Simone and Hainz, although, as soon as he had gotten there, they let each other go and showed no indication they were a couple. Which makes me.feel bad though. However, on the other hand, also, Anders isn't stupid. But, friends honor, I am not saying anything plus not to mention it isn't mine to tell really.

It has been a couple of months almost since I moved here and began dating Anders.

Tonight as we had gotten out of the movies, he told me about something that made me feel a little bit odd.

"I need to tell you something." He starts.

"What is it?" I ask him feeling a little bit worried as to what it is 

"I have to go out of the country for a couple days." He mentions.

"Why? When?" I ask.

"It's for business and I need to leave by the end of next week." He tells me.

"Well, where are you going?" I asked.

"Paris." He says.

"Paris? You have business in Paris? Are you a spy or something?" I tease a little thinking he must be joking or fucking with me.

"No. Just need to go. I'll be gone for two days tops." He assures me.

I felt like wanting to ask more questions but stopped myself.

"Okay." I reply trying not to sound upset.

Once we get into the car, I guess I didn't hide it from him good enough as he starts asking me.

"Listen, I would take you with me but, I might not be able to be with you while I'm there." He starts explaining.

"It's okay. I understand. I mean, honestly I think there's more to this but, I trust you." I smile at him and hold his hand.

"That's all I ask." He smiles at me.

I lean in and give him a kiss and we take off to the condo.

For the next few days, I can't stop feeling like something is wrong still with what he told me and it's driving me crazy but yet I know that I can't ask him about it. So I call for Hainz to come over while Simone is gone.

While waiting on the couch, I heard the door open (since we gave Hainz a key) and he comes walking inside and sits next to me.

"Hey, so what's going on?" He asks me.

"Okay." I begin while turning off the TV. "You and Anders are great friends and have been for a while, correct?" I ask.

"Yeah." He replies.

"I need you to be honest with me and seriously don't bullshit." I warn him.

"Okay...?" He looks at me weirded out.

"Why is Anders going to Paris?" I ask him and as soon as I did, I noticed right away him try to look away but I caught the look of him knowing something.

"What is it? Please tell me and I swear I won't tell him, Simone or anyone. I have a bad feeling and he won't tell me." I try and explain.

He takes in a few deep breaths and lets it out while closing his eyes before looking at me again.

"I guess you deserve to know. First of all, Anders is a great guy and lives you very much. Bur when he was a teenager, he got into a lot of trouble. His parents kicked him out and somebody by the name of Angus found him and helped him out. He trained Anders to become a great fighter so that he could earn a lot of money, doing the underground style of fighting. Anders tried getting out but was never able to. Because with Angus, that's something that doesn't happen unless in a body bag. So, after Anders' parents died he gave up and thought a good life wasn't in the cards for him. He surrendered to Angus and now, for the past several years, he has been fighting for him." He finishes.

"Wait, so, is there a fight in Paris?" I asked feeling overwhelmed and yet confused still as to why he still needs to go to Paris.

"No and yes. I mean, there's no actual fight that people go see. But he does have to try and get something back that supposedly somebody stole from Angus."

"So then why doesn't Angus get one of his guys?" I asked.

"Because he made a deal with Anders that if he did this and got back what was stolen from him then he would leave Anders alone forever." He says.

"Holy shit." I say under my breath.

"Yeah well, as much as I hate to agree with Anders in this, I suggest you make sure you don't bring it up to him and try to ignore your gut feeling. Otherwise, it will eat you up." He says.

"Thanks." I replied.

"You're welcome. But don't worry though. He's a strong guy that can hold his own." He says with a smile and wink.

"Yeah." I agreed with a smile.

He then up and left me there with my thoughts as I tried to gather the information he told me just now and try to process it all.
It all seems too surreal.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)