CHAPTER 26: You're Sick!

ANDERS

I can't help but feel a little bit nervous because of the fact that I am minutes away from meeting Rogue and my stomach is more tied up in knots than I get before a fight. I mean, why can't I think of this as just preparing for a fight?

After I pulled up to the restaurant, I took a good look in the mirror at myself and made sure that when I got out of here and started to make my way into the place, I was confident and showed no fear.

I'm not afraid of him and I need to remember that. Besides, I can relax in a way because Lorenzo will be right there.

So I take in a deep breath and start getting out the car, hand my keys to the valet guy and then make my way up the front few steps into the restaurant and before I could tell the host who I was there to see, I heard Lorenzo come up from off to the side and greet me with a bro hug.

"Hey man." He greets me with a smile.

"Hey." I nod.

"So let's have you go meet him and get this over with?!" He laughs.

I follow him over to the back of the fancy french restaurant where I noticed Rogue sitting down at a small round table while scrolling through his phone until he looks up and see's me.

He had slicked back hair, a nice expensive suit on along with a few tattoos and tanned skin.

"You must be Anders." He says.

"Yep." I reply casually.

"Take a seat." He says while gesturing with his hand at the chair across from him.

I sit down and start to relax a little bit more.

"Sir, would you like something to drink or and eat?" The waiter comes and asks me.

Before I could answer 'no', Rogue answers for me.

"Yes he will. He'll have what I have." He tells him.

"I'm not hungry." I tell him as I look into his eyes intently to show him that I'm not afraid or intimidated by him.

"You really have to try it. Besides, I insist." He tells me more assertively.

The waiter starts walking back feeling awkward as hell.

"So now that I'm here, what....." I began to say but he cut me off.

"Let's cut the bullshit. You know who I am and what all I'm capable of doing. Just as I know who you are and who sent you. I'm not an idiot and am always two steps ahead. That's why I'm still alive and am at where I am." He tells me.

"Alright then. So if you know who the hell sent me then you have to know the reason why." I tell him.

"Yes. But you see, you've been misinformed. Years ago, the item that Angus wants you to take back happens to be something he never should have wagered with. I won it fair and square and there is no way he will ever be getting it back." He says with an expressionless face.

"Personally, I could give two shits about the item and what all is going on between you and him. The only reason I'm doing this is to get out of working for him." I tell him although it wasn't until the words left my mouth that I had realized I didn't mean to tell him that.

"Ah, so you owe a debt to him is it?" He asks with a cocked eyebrow.

"In a way. I want out of that lifestyle and am tired of fighting for him." I again, don't mean to tell him.

He looks at me curiously as he swallows a bite of his food and then nods with his head to have one of his guys standing behind him to lean in as he says something in the guys ear.

The guy looks at me questioningly and then stands up and straightens his jacket while glaring at me before turning around and walking outside.

Moments later, he comes walking back inside and hands Rogue a file folder. Then without looking at the guy and continuing to look at me, he plops the folder in front of me right before the waiter walks over with the order Rogue made for me.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Open it up first and we'll talk." He says before starting to drink his wine.

The moment I opened up the folder, I immediately recognized this guy. He was like the Hulk as far as the stature part went. He was big and everybody heard of him as they knew him as 'The Indestructible'. Nobody could defeat him. He either would put you in the hospital or you would die.

"Okay, so what about him?" I asked.

"I want you to fight him." He tells me. "Fight him and lose." He says.

"What? Are you fucking crazy?" I asked.

"According to my doctor, yes. But that isn't the point. I'm offering you a deal and in return, I win as do you and we both get what we want." He says.

"I don't understand." I tell him.

"It's simple. I make an offer Angus can't refuse. Part of that deal will involve having you fight him." He says as he looks at the picture in the folder then looks back up at me. "Angus is so desperate for money that the only thing he ever had worth something, he lost and wants it back. So again, in exchange, if you let this guy win, Angus will be forced to let you go and I will in return pay him the amount that the piece I have and what it's worth. Trust me, he won't refuse." He smirks.

"I'm not going to fight him. I'm not going to risk my life for some childish game you and him want to play." I tell him. "Thanks but no thanks. I would rather continue paying off my debt." I tell him while tossing the file in front of him.

I then stand up and start to walk away after excusing myself.

"Are you sure?" I hear him call out. "Don't you think you should think about your cousin and your girlfriend?" He asks.

I stop and turn back around to look at him then lean over the table closer towards him.

"I swear if you come near them, you will regret it. Mock my words." I warn him.

"Hey, I'm willing to make sure this guy you fight, doesn't hurt you too bad. That way you can live a good life with your girl." He grins.

"You sick fuck." I tell him and then stand and start walking away.

"So we'll keep in touch then?" He calls out as I don't stop this time and continuing walking out.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)