CHAPTER 3: Let's Celebrate!

KARLI

Both him and I looked at her waiting for an explanation.

"Calm down Anders." She rolls her eyes.

Ah, so now I know his name.

"I swear to god Simone." He says.

"Relax, will you? She's cool." She says.

"That's not the point!" He snaps at her. "You should have asked me first."

"I did. A month ago. You said you were going to be working a lot more and I thought that I could at least have somebody here while you traveled and what not." She says as she walks up towards him.

"You never mentioned in finding somebody to move in." He says.

"Okay, just because you were too drunk to remember the conversation, doesn't mean it never happened." She fires back at him. "And no matter what you think or what you say, she is staying."

I was about to step in and tell them that I don't want to be in the middle of this and that I could find another place, but before I could, the guy turned around still furious.

"The rent is $500. It's due at the end of the month and I won't cover you or cut you some slack." He says.

"I don't expect you to." I reply.

"Good." He says and then starts stomping off out the door.

I look at Simone feeling awkward and irritated a bit that she lied to me.

"Why did you tell me you told your cousin already and that he was cool with it?" I asked her.

"Okay, don't worry about it because first of all, I DID tell him, he just forgot about it in that I was looking for somebody and yes, I know I should have told him I had found somebody already before he came home but he didn't pick up his phone or anything and I didn't see him this morning. But I am sorry that I put you in a bad position." She tells me.

"It's fine." I let out a breath.

"Something you should know about my cousin, in case you haven't noticed already, he's a bit of a stubborn jackass at times but deep down, once you get to know him, he has a great heart. Although don't tell him I told you that. It could ruin his reputation." She winks at me.

"Reputation?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, he's a fighter." She says.

This is great. Another hot head with a temper that hates the world and can fight as well. I can tell this is going to work out just splendid.

"Oh, he looks like he could be." I comment.

"You checked him out?" She asks.

"No." I reply. Although deep down inside, yes I did. I mean, who couldn't?

"I'm just fucking with you." She laughs. "But hey, want to go out tonight?" She asks.

"I don't think so." I tell her.

"Why not? We can celebrate as you being my new friend and roommate." She smiles.

"I'm not much of a drinker." I comment.

"So? You don't have to drink." She laughs a little.

I start thinking about it for a moment as she continues to beg like a little kid.

"Fine, I'll go." I playfully roll my eyes.

"Yay! Then you can meet some of my other friends. They'll love ya." She comments.

"Okay, sounds good." I laugh a little at how cute she's being.

I started to study and do some work for a couple classes when it got to be around the time we were going to leave. So I had found a dress that I thought was pretty cute and then as soon as I had walked out, Simone looked at me in disapproval.

"Oh hell nah." She said as she grabbed my hand and started taking me into her room.

The dress she picked out I was definitely not used to wearing but she refused to let me leave with what I was wearing already.

"There is no way I can fit in that." I tell her.

"Uh, let's see, you're curvy like me, close to the same size and besides, you have some great curves girl, your ass needs to show them off." She says.

I'm not used to wearing clothes that did that. However, since she wasn't going to let me out until I did that, I took it and changed.

The moment I came walking out and saw the look on her face, though it was a good reaction, it still had made me feel a little nervous as I began pulling down my dress a little. Which drove her crazy.

"Way better! Now let's get going hot stuff." She comments.

I start to laugh and then we start heading out.

(Here's her dress)

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)