CHAPTER 23: So Far So Good.....Of A Vacation

KARLI

After waking up the next morning, fully rested and after finishing up breakfast, Anders got a call from his friend and had to meet up with him soon.

So while he went to meet up with his friend, we all decided we wanted to head to a few shops we looked up online that looked really nice.

Luckily before coming here, we exchanged our american money for their currency.

I had read up a little bit on the currency and how different it was. It's a little pricey here but I think still worth it of course.

We of course visited the few most popular things that tourists recommended seeing, including of course the iconic Eiffel Tower.

It was still hard for me to grasp the fact that we were in Paris, France.

The little shops were beautiful and thankfully there were a few french residents that spoke some English.

I had gotten a few things for myself but for also Anders since I'm not sure if he would be able to come along with us ever.

I keep thinking of what he's doing as if this is some kind of a movie in the fact that he has to meet up with the bad guy to retrieve whatever he has to and although some movies like that don't always end up so good, I'm providing an alternate ending myself. Because I can't think about all the bad shit that can happen, especially in Paris, right.

We went to a cafe and had an amazing french lunch and for that moment, we all felt as though we were rich since it was a real fancy place.

The food was delicious and different. The scenery here is amazing as well.

While the day began to wind down, I looked down at my phone for the twentieth time today to see if maybe Anders would have messaged me by now or anything but he hadn't.

I tried not to feel too worried about it and felt like going back to the hotel.

Apparently I wasn't the only one seeing as to how Simone started to complain that her feet were tired and achy from all the walking we have been doing.

After we got back, I decided to take a bath while they turned on the TV in the living room area.

Once I slid into the tub slowly and felt the bubbles surround my body, I was about to search on my phone for some music to listen to when I heard my phone go off. When I saw it was Oasis, I hesitated in answering it but thought that maybe it was about work or something.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey! Where are you? My mom told me you went out of town. Is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. Everything is fine. Anders surprised us and has taken us to Paris. But I have someone working my shift." I assure him.

"Yeah but that's not why I've called." He begins.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I wanted to say that first off, I really never meant to cause any tension between you and Anders. Although it obviously seems everything is okay with you both since he took you to Paris." He states.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Well, sorry, won't keep you on the phone much longer. I just wanted to make sure you were okay and everything." He says.

"Yes, I'm fine. But Oasis, I don't think you should call me unless it's about work." I mention.

"And why's that? Doesn't your man trust you?" He asks sounding both jealous and yet also sounding like an asshole.

"Yes he does. I'm saying that it makes me feel uncomfortable." I let him know.

"But I thought...." He starts and I stop him and hang up quickly as soon as I heard the room door open and then tossed my phone onto the bath rug on the floor.

I really hope he doesn't call or message me back as if we are friends or anything. Because ever since that night of the concert and everything, he has been freaking me out and acting really different in a weird and creepy way.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)