Chapter 20- We've Got You

Elliot's POV

"Dude, do you think Savannah would say yes if I asked her out?" Mark asked me. I was barely paying attention to him, and I felt a little bad, but I'm having a hard time thinking about anything other than the kiss that Athena and I just shared.

Pretty much right after the kiss Savannah grabbed my girl by the arm and dragged her outside. I tried to stop her, not ready to be done, but Savannah is quick.

"Huh? What? Yeah man, go for it." I told him after realizing what he asked.

"What's up with you Eli?" He asked

"I just kissed Athena." I told him with a huge smile.

"Fuckin finally dude." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked

"We have been waiting for you to make a move forever Eli. We were starting to think you'd never grow the balls." 

"Whatever, so you're gonna ask Savannah out?"

"Yeah I think so, did you see her tonight? I've never seen someone more beautiful than she is tonight...every night."

"I couldn't take my eyes off Athena long enough to even realize what she's wearing."  I told him honestly. 

"Fair, Athena does look pretty hot tonight." Mark said and I instantly felt like introducing my fist to his face a few times. "I'm not gonna go after your girl calm down, I'm just saying she looks good." Mark put his hands up defensively as if he could read my mind. "Anyway, how was the kiss?" He asked changing the subject. It worked though because now that's all I can think about.

"It was perfect. I know  I sound like a chick, but it was unlike anything I've ever felt before. Her lips are so soft and plump. She moved her lips with mine as if she could read my mind. It just felt...I don't know...right?" I tried to explain.

"You're in love with her aren't you?" He asked and I looked at him and thought about Athena for a moment. I thought about how since the moment I met her I have wanted to protect her from the world. I thought about how when I see something cute like a puppy of something I immediately want to tell her about it. I thought about how my heart broke when I saw her unconscious on the dance studio floor, and how I felt like I could literally stop breathing if she never woke up.

"Unbelievably so." I told him bluntly. He smiled and patted my shoulder.

"Good. I still don't know what's going on, but I think she needs you." Mark told me and I began to feel guilty. Athena told me she told Savannah about everything, but Mark is still in the dark.

"We are getting a place together." I told him

"You are? Wait why?" He asked

"It's not my place to share her story, just that she needs to move out next week when she turns eighteen. My dad is helping us find a place." I told him vaguely.

"What's going on?" 

"You will have to ask her man, I'm sorry. I promised her I wouldn't say anything. I think she'd tell you if you asked though."

"Yeah maybe." 

"Howdy boys!" Savannah said when the two girls came back. "How's it goin?"

"Athena, what's going on?" Mark asked bluntly. Always straight to the point.

"What do you mean?" She asked looking a little nervous. I couldn't help but pull her to me, hoping to provide a little comfort.

"You know what I mean, why are you and Eli getting your own place?"