Chapter 14- You're Safe

Elliot's POV

"Three days..." Athena showed me her phone that displayed a text from her mother. "The flight she booked for him is in three days."  

"Don't worry beautiful, you will not be alone with him before he leaves. I promise." I told her grabbing her hand lightly squeezing it. "Do you want to go take a shower? I can grab you some clothes from Deliah."I offered and she nodded her head so I lead her to the bathroom connected to my room. Once I heard the shower start I went to D's room

"Hey D do you have something that I can let Athena borrow? To sleep in I mean, she's staying the night." I asked when I reached her room and the door was open.

"Yeah, why doesn't she just go grab something from next door though?" She asked curiously as she got off her bed to find something suitable.

"She's too tired to head over there. She's had a long day." I told her a half truth. Truth is I don't want her to go over there until he's gone. I will buy her an all new wardrobe and whatever else she may need if it means avoiding that....that....ugh I can't think of a word harsh enough to describe him.

"Is everything okay? I thought I heard crying earlier?" She asked me.

"No, nothing is okay, but I'm going to make it okay. I have to.." I whispered the last part to myself. She nodded her  head and handing me the clothes she picked out.

"Here bro. You know, you can have her come sleep in my room if you want." She offered.

"I'll let her know that's an option." I really hope she doesn't take it, but of course I don't want her to be uncomfortable. "Thanks, D." I went back to my room just in time to hear the shower shut off. I guess I was down there longer than I thought. I knocked on the door "There's a towel below the sink sweet girl, I have an outfit for you out here do you want me to hand it to you through the door?" I asked unsure of how I was going to get it to her.

"I'll just come grab it, hold on." She said through the door.

"Oh, let me step out-" I was cut off by the door opening. Athena stepped out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel. A short towel. My eyes moved down her body without my permission. She's so gorgeous. I shook my head to try and clear the inappropriate she's inspiring. I cleared my throat and held the clothes out to her reluctantly. "I'll step out for a moment while you get dressed."  I turned towards the door but I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

"You don't have to go. Just stay facing the door, I'll be quick. I don't want to be alone again..." She said quietly. I nodded my head but didn't turn around to face her. I don't know if I'd be able to handle the sad look she must have in her eyes right now. It's already taking every shred of self control I have not to run next door and beat the living shit out of that guy.

I heard the towel drop and I felt myself go stiff at the thought of her standing right behind me. Naked. I gulped and tried to think different thoughts to keep myself from getting too excited. 'roadkill....baseball....taxes...finals....Mark. Better.'

"I'm decent." I heard a shy voice say behind me. I turned around and there she stood. She's got on a pair of those tight stretchy shorts that the girls wear for PE. They are very short and very tight... She's also got on a t-shirt that I'm pretty sure is mine. Why did D have that? Why do I love the sight of Athena wearing my shirt? I cleared my throat again.

"Is that comfortable enough?" I asked her.

"Yeah it's perfect." She smiled and my breath caught in my chest. She quite literally is breathtaking.

"Good. So Deliah said you could sleep in her room if you want to beautiful."

"Where else would I sleep?" She asked looking to the ground shyly.