𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐲𝐮𝐥 . 𝐇&𝐃

《 Valentine's Special 2020 ♡ 》

"I hate this day." I said as I sipped my bubble tea.

"I can't agree more, Dahye." my bestfriend, Nami frowned, "I shouldn't have gone to school. I already expected this to happen."

We sighed at the same time while eyeing all the couples surrounding us.

"Oh, gosh, what an eyesore." she complained.

"Let's go back to our room. That's the only place where we can't see them, let's go."

I checked my phone and scrolled through my Instagram account. I started watching my friends' story and I can't stand a minute watching them. I thought it was our refrigerator because I kept seeing chocolates of all kinds. I turned off my phone and that feeling of being single during February 14th started to get me.

Nami hugged me while we were walking and she sighed once again, "Where can I find a valentine that is sporty and a boyfriend material?"

We passed by the gym and she got a glimpse of her crush playing basketball.

"Is this destiny?" She smiled like a mad person. I know what's going to happen next so I went to our classroom by myself.

There was no one in the classroom, because all of them were mingling outside. I sat on my seat and sighed. I checked under my desk for anything special like letters or chocolates but there was none.

I kicked my table in despair but I accidentally kicked a big paper bag instead, something that I didn't notice when I first came here.

I picked the paper bag up and read the tag. It was for me. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. I opened it and saw a stuffed toy inside. It was a duck. How could someone know about my favorite animal?

There was a note inside. I opened it and it said, "Dearest Dahye, I wanted to tell you how much I adore you ever since you started helping in our campaign. I also wanted to talk to you but I'm to shy to talk to a pretty person like you. Your smile was like a potion. A love potion, rather. Whenever I see you smile it makes me want to love you more and more.

I have thought of giving up since I can't find a way how to approach you. It's too hard for me and I think you like somebody else. I want to confess my feelings to you at the rooftop at exactly 12 o'clock. I want to know if you'll accept me or not. If no, I'll stop bothering you and I'll forget this day. I hope to see you there, Dahye. Love, H."

H? Could it be him? No, I don't think so but I hope so. I checked the clock and it was already 11:56. I have to go there in 4 minutes and the rooftop is located at the 4th floor in the main building.

I ran as fast as I can and I bumped into several couples. I almost slipped too, good thing I held the railings.

I arrived at the rooftop, panting and sweating so hard. There was a man and all I can see was his back. It was very familiar but I can't distinguish whose back was it.

He turned towards me and there he stood, Hangyul, my ex-boyfriend. Hangyul was holding a big bouquet, big enough to cover his upper body.

Hangyul walked towards me and he brought out his handkerchief from his back pocket and wiped my sweat.

It was a bit awkward since I didn't know what to do.

He handed me over the bouquet and looked around. "It's a good day to confess my love, right?" he chuckled.

"Dahye-ya," he breathed out, "I'm sorry. I'm deeply sorry for hurting you back then. Things got complicated and I didn't know what I should prioritize first. I didn't know what I was thinking when I broke up with you and I didn't know how to explain since I'm too shy to approach you even you are just always around.

You are my everything, Dahye, even though we broke up, you're still the one that I want. I tried to look for somebody but it's still you, Dahye. Would you give me another chance, love?"

"I understand you and... yes, I'd give you a thousand chances and as they say, love is sweeter the second time around."

Hangyul hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you for making my February 14th happy, Dahye. I'm happy that you're back into my arms again."

---

Happy Valentine's, luvies. Spread the love. ♡