𝐊𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐥

Why am I even here? I'm currently watching my ex-boyfriend play basketball with my best friend who convinced me to go here.

"Y/N-ah, I'm sorry, I didn't know Daniel will play, I thought he had an injury. I'm also sorry that I forgot to tell you that once you enter, you can't go outside anymore until you finish the while game." Hani apologize yet I'm not mad at her.

"It's fine. Past is already in the past, Hani. I don't care anymore." I forcedly smiled.

We were sitting next to a white board and that falls every now and then. We try to be attentive so we can catch it before it can fall to us.

When Hani went to the restroom, our senior, Hwang Minhyun which is also a player took Hani's seat and he started to talk to me.

"I didn't know you were interested in games like this, Y/N-ah." He grinned.

"I used to, but today, I just got dragged here by Hani." I chuckled.

"Oh, I thought you came here because of me."

"You can say that I came here because of you. There's no reason why I'm here. So, when will you play again?" I asked out of curiosity.

"After this game. If Seongwoo's team wins, they will be our opponent next game and if Daniel's team wins, they will play against us next game. Whose team will you root for next game?"

"Kang Daniel?" I looked around and Daniel was looking at me, I quickly avoided his gaze and continued chatting with Minhyun, "Of course, I'll r-root for your team."

He sweetly smiled at me and patted my head. "I'll miss you when I'm gone."

"I'm sure I'll miss you too, Minhyun." As a friend, of course. I know he's an ideal guy, but I only think of him as a friend.

Minhyun and I were so into our conversation that we didn't notice the white board almost fell on us.

All I heard was someone shouting about it, so I just braced for impact, but I felt nothing.

I slowly looked up and saw Daniel holding up the board so it won't fall to us, at that exact same time, we heard a sound that indicates that the game is already over.

Everything went back to normal while Seongwoo's team is prepping up for their game against Minhyun's.

Daniel walked away from me without sparing me a single glance.

A few moments after, Hani sat beside me again when Minhyun left.

"Your ex could've won the game, you know." she stated.

"Could have?"

"Yeah. He was about to do the winning shot, but he threw the ball away so he can save you just in time."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "He did that?"

"It's clear that he still has feelings for you and I know that it's mutual. Why don't you go to him and cheer him up a little?"

I thought about what he did once again and my heart melted. He's still the same, he's the Kang Daniel I still love.

I ran across the court where his team is while the game is ongoing. I don't care if I disrupt them or if I get hit by the ball.

The important thing is... I let him know what I truly feel.

I spotted him on the corner looking so gloomy and sprinted towards him.

"Kang Daniel!" I yelled.

He looked at me with tired eyes and stood up.

I walked up to him and hugged him before starting to cry.

I sobbed, "Stupid! Why'd you do that?"

"You know I'd risk anything for you even if my teammates hate me now..."

"From now on, you'll be known as the person who didn't make his team win. Don't worry though, I'll always be your number one fan who will support you no matter what you do."